Schedule Time Off for a Volunteer
The Time Off feature allows you to schedule a “leave” for volunteers while at the same time cancelling all their scheduled opportunities on those dates. This will also remind you not to schedule the volunteer since the volunteer is unavailable on those dates.
Note: Use the “Time Off” only when the volunteer is temporarily taking a time off from volunteering. If they are on leave indefinitely, you can make them inactive by following the Deactivate Volunteers tutorial.
- Open the desired volunteer’s profile using the Volunteer Search tutorial.
- To schedule the volunteer’s time off, click Schedule Time Off.
- Select which type of Time Off (e.g. Vacation) you’re scheduling. The selection will differ depending on your Time Off Configuration.
- Set the “From” and “To” dates which will cover the dates of the volunteer’s time off.
- The “Reason” field is optional.
- Click Next.
- If there are volunteer schedules that fall within the Time Off dates, it will display those impacted opportunities and you’ll have to click Confirm and Proceed.
- After the Time Off is saved, it will cancel the volunteer schedules and you will find this Time Off under the volunteer’s “Vacation History”.