Coordinators have the ability to perform administrative tasks from their own portal such as create an opportunity, add, assign, schedule, and log hours for the volunteers, as well as verify hours for their designated opportunity and location.
- Coordinator Login
- Coordinator Dashboard
- Main Menu
- Managing Volunteers
- Quick Assign Volunteers
- Batch Schedule Changes
- If you don't have an account in VolunteerEasy, the organization admin must first follow the Creating a Coordinator tutorial.
- Once the coordinator account is created, you will receive an email notification containing your coordinator login details.
- Clicking the website link will direct you to the public site where you can login.
- To login, click on the ‘Volunteer/Team/Student Login’ found at the top right corner of the page. It will open a pop up where you must enter your username and password.
- The page will redirect to your 'Volunteering Dashboard'. This will serve as your own volunteering account where you can manage your own volunteering activities.
- To switch from the Volunteering Dashboard to the Coordinator Dashboard, click on the Volunteer Coordinator View the top right corner.
Note: If you have been assigned as coordinator by multiple organizations, you will see the organization selection screen where you must select which organization you want to manage. Otherwise, the page will direct you to the Coordinator Dashboard.
- Volunteers – Takes you to your Volunteer list where you can view and access records
- Teams – Takes you to your Team list where you can view and access records
- Opportunities – Takes you to your opportunity list
- Verified Hours – Displays the total Verified Hours of the volunteers in your database
- Unverified Hours – Displays the total Unverified Hours of the volunteers in your database
- Add New - Takes you to where you can add opportunity and hours
- Recent - Displays your most recent visited pages
- Dashboard – Takes you back to your Coordinator Dashboard
- Calendar – Takes you to the Calendar View of your opportunities
- Opportunities – Takes you to your opportunity list where you can manage
- Volunteers/Teams – Takes you to your complete list of Volunteers/Teams
- Volunteer/Team Time Off - Takes you to your Volunteer/Team time off list
- Quick Assign and Schedule Volunteers – Takes you to where you can assign/schedule multiple volunteers
- Batch Schedule Change – Takes you to where you can change schedules for multiple volunteers
Calendar (Calendar View)
This calendar displays your opportunities scheduled by date, including the opportunity’s location, schedule, slot and number of assigned volunteers.
- By default, the calendar will display the schedule all of your opportunities. You can filter this calendar by opportunity.
- By default, the calendar will display the current week/month. You can change this date filter anytime.
- By default, the calendar will display the ‘Week View’. You can change this to ‘Day’ or ‘Month’.
This page displays opportunities that you have created and that have been assigned to you. This is also where you can add new opportunities.
To add a Basic Opportunity, follow the Creating a Basic Opportunity tutorial.
To add an Advanced Opportunity, follow the 4-part tutorial on Creating Advanced Opportunity.
Managing Volunteers of an Opportunity
You will be able to manage volunteers for opportunities assigned to you. For opportunities that you have created, you will be able to manage the volunteers once your opportunity is approved.
Clicking the Manage Volunteers button will direct you to the opportunity’s Volunteer Management page.
This is where all of the volunteers assigned to the opportunity are displayed.
- You can search or filter this list by shift and/or date range.
- Displays the complete names of the volunteers.
- Displays the ‘Next Step’ for each volunteer (e.g. Scheduling, Log Hours).
- Displays the number of verified hours of that volunteer.
- Displays the number of unverified hours of that volunteer.
- Remove Volunteer –Allows you to remove the volunteer from the opportunity
- Add Schedule – Allows you to Add a new schedule for the volunteer
- View Schedule – Allows you to View the volunteer’s existing schedule
When scheduling, you must select the location, shift, position and date/s for the volunteer.
- Edit – Allows you to edit the existing schedule
- View – Allows you to view all the dates under the schedule
- Delete – Allows you to delete the existing schedule
Taking Attendance for Volunteers of an Opportunity
You can use the Attendance feature for logging volunteer hours. This is an easier way of logging hours for multiple volunteers.
- The date defaults to the current date. You can change the date for which you’d like to take attendance.
- You will have the option to either ‘Check In’ or ‘No Show’ the volunteer. You can also click ‘Check In All’ if you want to check in all the volunteers at the same time.
- You can also print a ‘Sign-in Sheet’ for this particular list of attendees. You can bring this sign-in sheet on the site.
- You’ll also be able to export an excel sheet of the list of attendees.
Sample Sign-in Sheet
This will display the entire volunteer and team records in your database. You can click on the volunteer/team name to open their profile.
Quick Assign and Schedule Volunteers
This is where you can assign and schedule multiple volunteers at the same time.
- On step 1, you must select which opportunity you are assigning these volunteers.
- Enter a Configuration Name which will help you identify this particular ‘quick assign’ record.
- Select the Location, Shift, Position and Time Range for which to schedule the volunteers.
- Choose the Start Date for which to display all possible scheduling dates.
- Once you click on the Availability dropdown, it will display all possible scheduling dates after the Start Date.
- If a schedule/shift already reached it full capacity of volunteers, you’ll have the option to not assign the volunteers, proceed with the scheduling or only add to available dates.
- Click Save and Next to proceed.
- On step 2, you must enter the total number of volunteers to assign/schedule.
- The page will reload and will display the table wherein you must manually enter and select the volunteers on the Volunteer column field. Once you start typing the name, it will display any matching records as a dropdown.
- After completing the list, click Save.
Batch Schedule Change
This is where you can change existing schedules for multiple volunteers. This comes handy when there is a change in venue, shift, position and/or dates.
- Select the date range and opportunity to find existing schedules for changing. You can also add additional location/shift/position filters. Click Find.
- The list will display all volunteer of the opportunity with schedules within the date range. Select the volunteer/s to change schedules.
- Click ‘Change Schedule’ to proceed.
- On this page is also where you can view the Changes History.
- On the next step, it will display the summary of the schedule to change.
- This is also the page where you select the new location, shift, position and date/s.
- Click Save.
Batch Schedule Change History
This page will display all the Mass Schedule Changes that you have performed along with its details.