Organizations/VACs/Universities have the ability to assign coordinators to help manage volunteers and to allow them create opportunities.
The coordinator can be assigned to an existing opportunity or they can create opportunities for themselves or on behalf of an organization.
- Creating a Coordinator
- Assigning a Coordinator to an Opportunity
- Adding a Temporary Substitute for the Coordinator
- Changing Volunteer Coordinators
Creating a Coordinator
If you want to assign a coordinator who doesn’t have an existing VolunteerEasy account, you must first create an account.
- From the Admin Main Menu, click System Configurations then Coordinators.
- Click Create New Coordinator at the bottom right of the page.
- On the Create New Coordinator pop up, enter the username, email, first name and last name. Click Save when done.
- Once saved, the new coordinator will be available on the coordinator list. It will also trigger an email notification which will be sent to the new coordinator’s email address containing the username and password for the coordinator account.
Assigning the Coordinator to an Opportunity
- On the Coordinator page, click Assign Coordinator.
- This will open the 'Assign Coordinator to Opportunity' panel.
- Select the Opportunity to assign the coordinator.
- Select the Venue to assign the coordinator. A different coordinator can be assigned for each of the venues.
- Allows you to select one of your account users to be the coordinator.
- Allows you to select one of your volunteers to be the coordinator.
- This is where you select/search for the name of the user/volunteer to be assigned as coordinator.
- You must enter a start date for which the coordinator can start as coordinator.
- Once assigned, the coordinator details are displayed under the coordinator name. It will also trigger a notification email which will be sent to the coordinator containing the coordinators details.
Adding a Temporary Substitute for the Coordinator
There may come a time that a coordinator won’t be able to perform his/her tasks. If the coordinator is not able to share his/her login, you have the ability to assign a temporary substitute for the coordinator. The substitute will have the ability to perform the tasks of a coordinator for a time period.
- If the substitute coordinator doesn't have an existing account, follow the Creating a Coordinator tutorial first. Proceed below if/when the account is ready.
- Click on Substitute next to the coordinator.
- This will open the ‘Substitute Coordinator’ pop up where it will display all the opportunities that the coordinator is currently assigned to.
- Select the date range for the substitute to be assigned as coordinator.
- Identify the opportunities to which you’ll assign a substitute.
- Select whether you’re assigning a user or a volunteer to be the substitute, then select/search for the user/volunteer name. Do this for the other opportunities as well.
- Click Substitute.
- Once you switch to ‘Opportunity View’, you will see that the coordinator schedule has been added for the substitute.
Changing Volunteer Coordinators
You will also have the ability to completely replace a coordinator if they are no longer working as coordinator.
- If the new coordinator doesn't have an existing account, follow the Creating a Coordinator tutorial first. Proceed below if/when the account is ready.
- Click Change next to the opportunity name or coordinator name, depending on which tab/page you are on.
- This will open the ‘Change Coordinator’ pop up where you need to select if you’re changing to a user or volunteer and then selecting/searching the name of that user/volunteer. Click Change when done.
- You will see that the coordinator has been changed to the new user/volunteer.