Opportunities: Create Opportunity Part III: Scheduling and Shift
- This tutorial will cover how to set up schedules and shifts for advanced opportunities within our volunteer management database.
- If you are creating a Basic opportunity, proceed to the final tutorial in the process.
- In the “Schedule for” dropdown, select the location to which this schedule applies.
- Select one of the following as the basis of your scheduling:
- One Time: One day event
- Weekly: On a weekly basis
- Monthly: On a monthly basis
- Ongoing: Multiple day event or ongoing opportunity
- Other: Untraditional schedules occurring on random dates
- Set a date(s) or date range.
- If applicable, select the days of the week and/or days of the month when this schedule will occur.
- Under “Date Exceptions,” enter any dates or date ranges during which this schedule does not apply, then click the add icon.
- To complete this schedule, click Save.
- The “Add/Edit Shift” window will open, allowing you to set a Shift (i.e., start and end time) for this schedule.
- Enter a Shift Name.
- If applicable, select the Shift Day(s) to which this schedule applies.
- Set the Start and End Times. If volunteers can attend the opportunity based on their own availability, leave Start and End Times blank and activate the Flexible Time slider.
- If applicable, select the Positions to which this shift applies and set the maximum capacity for each position, if desired.
Note: Once an opportunity reaches its capacity, volunteers will no longer be able to sign up.
- If you are done, click Save. If you would like to set an additional shift for this schedule, click Save And Add New and repeat the above process.
- Set a second shift when you would like to offer multiple shifts on the same day, set different shift times for different days of the week, etc.
- To set an additional schedule, repeat steps 1-7 above.
- To edit a schedule, click Edit next to the desired schedule. Use the tools on the left of the screen to make desired edits, then click Save. To delete a schedule, click Delete in its dropdown menu, then click OK.
- To edit a shift, click View Shift under the desired schedule. Click Edit, makes desired changes, then click Save. To delete a shift, click Delete in its dropdown menu, then click OK.
- When done setting schedules, click Save, then click Next.
Article is closed for comments.