Templates: Add/Edit Templates Part IIb - Event Invite, Notification, and Registration Confirmation Templates
- In addition to the basic template configurations/set-up options (please see Add/Edit Templates Part I tutorial for basic information on creating templates), event-related templates have a few additional considerations.
- Please note that event invite, notification, and registration has no USE on hover on template editor as these are generated and sent from inside the event.
- In the placeholders drop down menu, there are several event specific fields that can be added to event invite, event notification and event registration confirmation templates, include event name, event description, event date/time, venue, view map, and event map.
- The Event Map placeholder will embed a google map with the event/venue location marked directly into the template/email. The View Map placeholder will embed a hyperlink for recipients to click on to view the map (some users may have text only email and/or may have their email set to not load images. Including a link for users to click on to access the event location map, even if you also include the Event Map placeholder, is a good best practice).
- The Event Description placeholder will pull 3-5 lines of text from the event description as "plain text/text only" in your template. If text in description is longer than 3-5 lines, then include "read more" link. When user clicks on the link, it will take user to the webpage (pages/plug-ins) of the event. This placeholder is available for- event invite and event notification templates.
- As with all templates, placeholders in the Client Information section of the drop down list refer to YOUR ORGANIZATION. Placeholders in the Contact sections of the drop down list refer to your contacts/the people in your Fundly CRM database.
- As with all templates, if you use one of the household salutation fields as a placeholder and the recipient isn't in a household, the system will substitute the equivalent individual placeholder instead (e.g. if you use formal household salutation, the system will substitute the formal individual salutation).
- If you want to add an "Add to Calendar" button to your event invite/notification/registration confirmation template, add the Calendar widget to your template. This will add two buttons to the template: one for add to Google calendar and one for adding to iCalendar/Outlook.
Please Note: for single events with multiple dates, the Add to Calendar button for Google calendar will add the event to the calendar on the FIRST date that occurs in the series. The rest of the dates will be listed in the event description (this is due to a limitation with Google calendar that prevents a recurring event from being automatically created on the recipient's calendar).
- You can edit the Calendar widget to change the text on the buttons, the color of the buttons, the size and font of the text on the buttons, the background section around the buttons and more.
- Event Invite Templates have an additional placeholder, the AttendEventButton placeholder. If you want your invite recipients to be able to click on a button and be able to register for the event, you MUST include the AttendEventButton placeholder in your template. Alternatively, you can manually insert the URL of the event registration page into the template or hyperlink a graphic (navigate to your website, open up the event, and copy the URL from your web browser's address bar).
- Event Notification Templates have hard-coded header designs and About this Event sections that cannot be edited. You can edit the default text widget and/or add additional text widgets above or below the default text widget.
- Event Registration Confirmation Templates have an additional placeholder for Registration Summary. This contains a standard/non-configurable summary of the registration (ticket number, registrant name, ticket type, amount owed, amount paid, and any discounts applied).