Integrations: MailChimp Part I: Configuring MailChimp
- This tutorial will cover how to configure the system to integrate with MailChimp so that contacts and communication preferences may be shared between both services.
- MailChimp is an online email service allowing you to make and send newsletters and other communications to contacts.
- For more on MailChimp, its services, and functionalities, and to create an account, please visit www.mailchimp.com.
- To begin the process of configuring Fundly CRM to integrate with MailChimp, click on the Main Menu(3 bars) in the top right of the screen and within the Interrogations sections select MailChimp.
- Here you will begin with a welcome screen providing instructions on how to obtain the API key from your MailChimp account.
- To create or locate your API key in MailChimp, log into your MailChimp account, click on your MailChimp User Name, then click Account Settings > Extras > API Keys.
- If you have not already done so, click on Create A Key to create a new API key to use with Fundly CRM.
- Returning to the Fundly CRM MailChimp screen, click on the Next button to reach the configuration screen.
- On this screen copy the API key you wish to use from your MailChimp account into the API Key field and click on Validate and Save.
- After a brief period, the system will validate the API key and provide a Select List drop-down where you will specify which MailChimp List you wish to synchronize with Fundly CRM.
- If you do not yet have any lists in MailChimp, you will need to create one in order to continue.
- Once you have selected a list from the drop-down, click on the Save button, and the system will begin synchronizing your contacts with MailChimp.
- Please note that this process can take up to 30 minutes to complete, depending on how many contacts you have, and you will be emailed when the process is complete.
- From this point forward you will be able to export segments to use in MailChimp, and subscribe and unsubscribe preferences will be maintained automatically between the two systems.
- Additionally, as contacts in MailChimp subscribe for your newsletters they will be added to Fundly CRM.
- For more on creating and sending segments from Fundly CRM to MailChimp, please review the next tutorial on Exporting Segments to MailChimp.
Note – Only those contacts are synced that have Communication Preferences set as True for Email and Newsletter, are not deceased and the email as Primary.
Note Also – If you delete an email in MailChimp it will be unsubscribed in Fundly CRM and vice-a-versa.