What is Donor Search FAQ
- Donor Search is a third-party company that provides wealth and philanthropic giving history information pulled from a variety of sources including the FEC Political Database, the SEC Political Giving Database, and the IRS 990PF Profiles.
- Previously, there was a direct integration between NPE and Donor Search - this integration is no longer available. However, if someone in your organization previously populated Donor Search data to NPE, you can still access that data inside NPE (view it on contact records and use it in advanced search and reporting, use it to segment donors).
- Donor Search information can be valuable in donor prospecting. If you do not know an appropriate ask amount for a contact, knowing information on the contact's past giving history (amount(s), frequency, and types of charities/organizations given to) will be useful to help you craft an appropriate ask.
- Donor Search matches your contacts to the Donor Search database based on: First Name, Last Name, Mailing Address Line 1, City, State, Zip, AND Country (these fields are all required to pull Donor Search information for a contact) (Donor Search can only match donors who live in the United States).
- Since there could be multiple people with the same first and last name living in the same city/zip code, Donor Search also provides an overall rating (called a “Propensity to Give Score”) for each contact record, which is an overall score of how likely the contact is to make a major gift. DS1-1, DS1-2 and DS1-3 are high scores indicating that the individual has above average major gift potential; DS3 is the lowest score. You can find out more about the Propensity to Give score at: https://www.donorsearch.net/donorsearch-ratings-system/
- Donor Search Summary Level information will appear on the View Contact screen in its own widget titled "Wealth Profile." You may have to turn the widget on in the widget settings in order to see it; you can find this widget in the Fundraising: Info category in the widget list (under the gear icon in the upper right of View Contact).
- By default, Donor Search information is viewable ONLY by system Admins. Other users' access to the Donor Search information can be set in the User Roles/Permissions area.
- If the detailed donor profile data has been populated for the contact, a View Details button will be available for the contact; click the button to see the detailed donor profile.
- This will show the contact’s detailed summary level giving history (by category). To see a definition for each item, see our Donor Search: Wealth Information Profile Terms/Definitions tutorial.
- To see the drill down of each category (the specific donation details rolling up into each category's summary), click the Detail Profile Button in the upper right to see the details of individual donations made by the contact, grouped by category.
- You can search your database/contacts based on Donor Search wealth information in Advanced Search and in Reports using the Wealth Information category.
- See also our Donor Search: Frequently Asked Questions tutorial.
Article is closed for comments.