In order for a Mailchimp contact to be synced from MailChimp into the CRM the following must be true.
- The contact has a first and last name in MailChimp
- The contact must be subscribed in MailChimp
- The contact must have a valid email in MailChimp
- Field Name Settings in your Mail Chimp account MUST not be changed - First Name field MUST have the label FNAME and the Last Name field MUST have the label LNAME (the field labels in the screen shot below are incorrect; this screen shot is simply to illustrate the page/settings we are referring to)
- The API Key set on the MailChimp integrations tab in the CRM must be valid (the API key controls syncing subscribe/unsubscribe data from Mailchimp to CRM.
- The list selected in your MailChimp integrations tab in CRM must be valid (the list selection controls the syncing of information on sent emails/campaigns from MailChimp to CRM).
In order for a CRM contact to be synced into MailChimp, the following must be true:
- Contact is not marked as deceased in CRM
- Contact has a valid email address (verified or unverified status) in CRM
- Contact's preference for email communication must be set to Yes
- #4 above must be true
- The list selected in your Mailchimp Integration tab in the CRM must be valid (the list selection controls the sync/flow of subscribe/unsubcribe data from CRM to MailChimp.
Please Note: Certain updates/changes on the MailChimp side will "break"/disconnect the sync between MailChimp and CRM. The CRM will send an email alert to your CRM system administrator/main contact alerting them that the MailChimp sync has stopped working and needs to be restarted. You will need to go the MailChimp integration tab inside CRM and update the API Key and/or the List selection to restart the sync.