Events: Configuring Events: Other Items
- This tutorial will cover how to create default Other Items. This step is optional.
- Other Items represent goods and services that a registrant can purchase in addition to their tickets when registering for an event; this includes wine glasses, clothing, class materials, memorabilia, boxed lunches, daycare, optional tours, raffle tickets, etc.
- Default Other Items are Other Items that will be added to all new events automatically, and that can be edited and/or removed as needed when configuring an event.
- You can create Other Items specific to a particular event when you create the event as well as selecting items from the default Other Items list. You should only create default Other Items for frequently used items (as this will prevent you from having to create them from scratch each time); otherwise, for infrequently used Other Items, just create them "on the fly" when you create your event.
- To configure default other items, start by clicking Events on the Main Menu to open the event sub-menu and then select Other Items under configurations.
- On the Default Other Items index page, you will see a list of configured other items. You can Edit or Delete existing other items by selecting from the drop down to the right of each item.
- To create a new default Other Item, click on the blue Add button in the lower right.
- In the resulting screen start by indicating a descriptive name for the item in the Item Name field (such as "Adult T-Shirt Size L" or "Set of 5 Raffle Tickets").
img src="/hc/article_attachments/360095374272/2021-05-13_21-01-54.png" alt="2021-05-13_21-01-54.png">
- Next, indicate the price of the item and any display unit in the Price and Display Unit (such as "each" or "per package" or "set of 10") fields respectively.
- You may link the other item purchase to an Account and Account Class if you wish (not required) by selecting from your previously configured accounts and classes (see our tutorial in the Financials and Invoices section of the support library on configuring Chart of Accounts and Account classes for more information).
- If you wish to include an image of the item on your public site, you may upload such with the Small Image (thumbnail) and/or Large Image (full size) file fields.
- Lastly, for the public site, you may enter a description of the item in the Description field.
- When all desired fields have been completed, click on the Save button in the lower right of the screen.
Article is closed for comments.