Activate Event Classroom
- The Classrooms module allows the user to select a specific room or area where events such as classes, workshops, or group sessions will be conducted. When configuring an event, a particular classroom can be selected and the event will show up on a Google calendar. At this time, Classrooms is available at no additional cost.
- To activate Classrooms, contact support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Typically, the module can be activated within 1-2 business days.
- After the module is activated, you will see two new options under the Events section of the Main Menu: Google Calendar and Classrooms (under the Configurations list).
- The first time you click Events > Configurations: Classrooms, you will be asked to connect your Google account. Click the Connect Your Google Account button.
- We are working to get this app integration approved by Google so you may get a warning message that says Google hasn't verified this app. You need to click Advanced and then Go to nonprofiteasy.com (unsafe) to proceed.
- You will be ask to grant NonProfitEasy permission to access your Google account
- Login to the Google account of your choice. Important: please make sure you do not use a personal Google account as calendar events will be visible to all users in your database. Additionally, please make sure you're using an account you will not want to change in the future. You will not be able to change the linked account yourself; unlinking the Google account is a technical service, chargeable up to $375.
- Then you have to confirm the permission you granted on step #6.
- After logging into your organization's Google account, you will be asked to complete the set up by clicking on the Confirm button.
- After the setup is confirmed, you will be directed to the Google Calendar tab in under the Events. Once events are linked to a classroom, the event will show up on the calendar. Click here to see who the Google Calendar looks like after creating an event.
Article is closed for comments.