Manage Event Part IIId: Record Purchase/Sale of Event Other Items
- Event Other Items are merchandise that you can sell as part of an event. Event Other Items are specific to the events module and can't be sold from within the system (or online) outside of events (for merchandise that can be sold as stand alone products, use our e-Store module; additionally, e-Store items CAN also be sold as part of events/can be shown on the event registration page so users can opt to use the e-Store module for all event merchandise and not use the event Other Items function at all).
- Event Other Items must be configured and set up the system during event set up/creation. See this tutorial for how to configure/set-up Event Other Items: https://support.fundly.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002444492
- Generally, sale of Other Items/merchandise is made in conjunction with the purchase of event tickets. See our tutorials for selling event tickets through direct entry (step #18) and selling tickets online for more details on recording the sale of merchandise in conjunction with the purchase of event tickets.
- Additionally, there is one place in the system where the purchase of Other Items can be made without also purchasing an event ticket. This is from the Events Index Screen (Main Menu: Events: Events).
- On the events index screen, click the drop down to the right of the event name and select Purchase Other Items.
- On the resulting Create Invoice screen, enter the name of the purchaser. Start by typing the contact's name. A list of contacts matching what you have typed will appear. If the contact exists in your system/appears on the list, select the name off the list; otherwise, hit enter or tab and the Quick Add Contact pop up box will appear. Enter all the data you have on the contact in the quick add fields and click the Save and Close button in the lower right of the pop up to save the new contact record and return to your in progress merchandise purchase.
- The Invoice (Transaction) Date field will auto populate with today's date. You can backdate/change the date if you wish.
- The Invoice Number field will auto-populate as well. You can manually change this if need be.
- Click the Create button to proceed to the next step.
- On the next screen, select the merchandise (from your configured Event Other Items assigned to the event).
- Verify the Price, set the Quantity being purchased, and change the Purchase Date (backdate) (if applicable). Then click the Save button to save the item to the invoice.
- You can delete any items you've added to the invoice by clicking the trashcan icon in the upper right of the invoice screen.
- Repeat the above steps to select additional merchandise items to add to the purchase.
- When all items the contact is purchasing have been added, add any discount code/coupon that the contact is using (if any) and then click the Receive Payment button to record payment.
- See our tutorial on working with Invoices for more details: https://support.fundly.com/hc/en-us/articles/206316787