Manage Event Part IIc: View/Edit/Cancel Event Other Items
- You can view, edit, and/or cancel sales of event other items (merchandise) from the Other Items Purchases sub-tab of the Manage Attendees tab within your event (to add new event registrations - see our tutorial Manage Event Part
- To get started, from the Main Menu, select Events to open the events sub-menu and then select Events under the Events header to be taken to your event index page.
- From the event index page, either select Manage from the drop down to the right of the event name OR click on the event name and then click on Manage Attendees.
- Click on Manage Attendees and then on the Other Item Purchases tab.
- Here, you will see a list of people who have purchased event other items/merchandise as well as the item(s) they have bought. By default, the screen is sorted by purchaser name. You can change the sort order by clicking on the Sort By drop down field and selecting one of the options there.
- For any item that has been paid/that shows a value in the Amount Paid field, you can hover over the paid amount to see the details of the payment (mode of payment, payment date, etc.).
- You can edit any Other Item purchase by clicking the drop down to the right of the item and selecting Edit.
- You can cancel/void any Other Item purchase by clicking the drop down to the right of the item and selecting Cancel Transaction.
- In the resulting screen, you will only have the option to Cancel if the item is unpaid. If the item is paid, you will have the option to issue a Refund or Credit. Please Note: you will only have the option to refund/credit the entire amount. There is no ability to offer a partial refund or charge a service/cancellation fee nor is there the ability to cancel part of an order (for example, if the person bought two coffee mugs in the same transaction, cancel will cancel BOTH mugs. There is no ability to cancel only one of the mugs.
Pop Up Box When Item is Unpaid (Only the Option to Cancel)
Screen When Item Is Paid (Option to Refund or Credit)
- Please Note: if you want to DELETE the item/remove it without issuing a refund/credit, then you will need to delete the item from the invoice.
- To cancel an unpaid item, enter the Cancellation Date (required) and any notes (optional) and then click the Cancel button.
- To cancel a paid item, in the resulting pop up box, select Refund (return the money to the contact) or Credit (keep the contact's money as a credit on their record that can be applied to a future transaction).
- Enter the cancellation date (required) and any notes (optional).
- For Refunds, enter the mode of payment for the refund. If the payment was made via credit card, credit card will automatically be selected and you cannot change this. If payment was made via cash or check, you will have the option to select the refund payment mode and any payment reference number (such as check #).
- Click the Issue Credit/Issue Refund button in the lower right to save changes and cancel the purchase.
- On the Other Item Purchases index screen, you will see that the transaction has been cancelled. As with all cancels/voids/refunds, throughout the system you will see an indication of cancellation/refund/credit on the contact record's financial transactions, ledger, the financials screen, and on the invoice in the invoices area as well.