Configure Membership Levels Part III - Benefit Settings
- On Tab #3: Benefit Settings, you will indicate any benefits your members might receive as part of their membership.
- Benefits can be tangible goods (such as coffee mugs, key chains, free event tickets, a certificate of appreciation, etc.) or intangibles such a lunch with your executive director.
- Benefits are optional. You can skip this tab if you don't offer benefits.
- Using the benefit settings function, however, will let you track who you owe benefits using the Benefit Fulfillment function (see our tutorial on benefit fulfillment for more information). Benefit fulfillment works similar to Premium Fulfillment for donors (benefits are for members, premiums are for donors). If you consideration your membership fee a donation, you can track the provision of benefits in either the benefits or premiums modules.
- To configure membership benefits, the benefits must already be configured in your system (so that you can select them from the drop down list). See this tutorial on how to configure the list of available/possible benefits.
- Membership benefits will be available to ALL members for this membership level, regardless of their pricing level. If different members get different benefits, then you would want to configure those as different membership levels and not as different pricing tiers within the same level. If you aren't using the benefits function inside Fundly CRM, then it's okay to configure different levels as different pricing tiers for simplicity and ease of management.
- To associate your configured benefits with this membership level, start by indicating who the default recipient of benefits will be for gifted memberships, the Primary Member or the Giftor (that is, who gets the benefits when someone gives a membership to someone else: the member/recipient of the gifted membership or the person paying for the membership/the giftor).
- Next, to add a benefit to a membership, select the benefit from the Select Benefit drop-down, and click on Add. You can add multiple benefits (but they must be added one at a time).
- For Event Ticket and Fixed Quantity benefit types, indicate how many of that benefit the recipient will receive with the Quantity field.
- To remove a benefit you have added, click on Delete for that option.
- When you have finished setting benefits for a membership, click on the blue Save & Proceed button in the lower right to move to the next tab. Otherwise, click Save to save a draft and finish later.
Article is closed for comments.