Membership: Configuration: Membership Forms (Strongly Recommended)
- This tutorial will cover how to configure membership forms.
- Please Note: data entered in in CUSTOM FIELDS on NPE membership forms can only be seen by editing the membership and viewing the membership form. Data entered into CUSTOM DATA SET FIELDS (of a custom data set added to the membership form) can be see on the contact record and can be pulled into reports. If you need to be able to aggregate membership form data, be sure to use a custom data set instead of custom fields.
- Start by clicking on Memberships from Main menu and select Membership Forms under Configurations.
- In the resulting screen, you will see a list of all currently configured membership forms if any.
- To edit a form, click on the Edit button to the right of that form. To delete a form, not in use, click on the drop down next to the Edit button and select Delete.
To create a new form click on Add Form For Individual or Add Form For Organization as appropriate.
- On the create form screen, start by giving a name to the form in the Title field.
- To add a new field, click on the Add Field drop-down and select the field you wish to add to the form.
- Please Note: As mentioned above, data entered in in CUSTOM FIELDS on NPE membership forms can only be seen by editing the membership and viewing the membership form. Data entered into CUSTOM DATA SET FIELDS (of a custom data set added to the membership form) can be see on the contact record and can be pulled into reports. If you need to be able to aggregate membership form data, be sure to use a custom data set instead of custom fields.
- To edit an existing field, hover over in the upper right corner of the field area and click the edit button (pencil) that appears; the field properties dialogue will open. You will be able to rename the field and, for some fields types, be able to change the label on subfields.
- You will also be able to indicate validation options for fields, depending on their type, such as making them required.
- To help provide guidance to online users, you can use the User Guidelines fields to provide instruction on how to complete the field.
- If you do not wish for a field to be shown on your public site, unmark the Display on Public Site slider (this option is not available on form fields that are required as a part of duplicate prevention, such as the Name block).
- For Drop Down, Multiple Choice and Options custom field types you will also be able to add and remove custom option for users to select from by editing the object. By default, the system provides three choices, but you can add additional choices by clicking the "+" underneath any of the options to insert another option/choice right below it. You can delete any options by clicking on the trash can underneath it.
- You may also indicate one option for these fields to be selected by default using the Checkmark button next to the option.
- To add a custom data set as a field, select Custom Data Set from the Add Field drop-down, and in the resulting dialogue select the custom field you wish to add. To be available, the custom data set must be associated with the Member contact type.
- To remove a field from your form, click on the trashcan button in the top right corner of that field (hover over in the upper right of the field area to display the trashcan).
- When you are finished configuring the membership form, click on the Save button in the lower right corner of the screen.