Manage Memberships Part IV: Upgrading/Downgrading Memberships
- When you wish to change a member's membership level/category (e.g. upgrade or downgrade to a different membership category/type or perhaps change them from an individual to a family membership or vice versa), use the Change function (note: to renew a membership at the same level, do NOT use the Change function; use the Renew function).
To begin, click Membership from the left hand main menu to open the sub-menu.
Click on Manage Membership in the sub-menu to be directed to the membership indexscreen.
Find the member in the list (the member may be on the active, inactive, or lapsed tab). Click the drop-down to the right of the contact's name and select Change.
You can also change the membership from View Contact. Scroll down to the membership module and click View All. This will redirect you to a new screen with list of all memberships for the contact.
Click the drop down to the right of the membership, and select Change.
In the resulting pop up, indicate if this is a gifted membership (a gift from one member to another) and then click Proceed.
Select the contact's new membership level by clicking the word Select below the membership category/level.
- Fill in the membership information, including the Registration Date (membership start date), Transaction Date, and any affiliated Program or Campaign. See our tutorial on adding a new membership to a full explanation of the various fields on the Add/Edit Membership screen.
- Fill out the membership form(s) on the membership.
- When you have completed the membership information, click the blue Save button at the bottom of the screen.
- If member is making payment at this time, click the green Receive Payment in the lower right.
- Complete the payment information/details and click Receive Payment to save or Receive Payment and Send Receipt to send an email confirmation/payment receipt to the member.
- You will see the status change reflected on the Manage Membership index screen and also the membership module on View Contact.
- You will also see the status change reflected when you view the contact's Membership History (select View History from the drop down to the right of the contact's membership on the Manage Membership index page or on the View All page of Membership module on View Contact.