This article has been created to assist you and your organization in transitioning to CRM Version 2.0. The majority of the data will be migrated by the engineering team; this document will cover what needs to be configured by you and your team.
- Status (Active or Deceased)
- Primary NP contact
- Between Individuals
- Between Individuals and Organizations
- Contact Information
- Address Types
- Mailing, Billing, Temporary, Seasonal, Other
- Demographic Information (Ethnicities, Income Levels, Parenting Status, Housing Status, Employment Status, Marital Status).
- Work Information
- Special Comments
- Contact types
- Board Members details will be migrated as a custom data set where they no longer automatically become an "Ex-Board Member" when you add an Ending Date"
- Committee Members details will be migrated as a custom data set where they no longer automatically become an "Ex-Committee Member" when you add an Ending Date"
- Communication preferences (Phone Call, Send Mail, Send Email)
- Newsletter Categories
- Interaction and Task History
- Stages of Development
- Only those that are attached to a contact’s record.
- Contact Source
- Contact Types
- You will need to upload the images for the contact types as those will not be migrated. Please see details under “Icon Gallery” below.
- Email Type
- Employment Status
- Housing Status
- Income Level
- Marital Status
- Newsletter Categories
- Parenting Status
- Phone Types
- Relationship Types
- Now called Tags in CRM Version 2.0
- Donation Names (now called Funds)
- Donation History**
- In-Kind donations/Gifts
- Solicited by
- Soft credits
- Thank-you Letters
- Year-End Thank-Yous
- Donation Acknowledgments
- Gift Transaction Source - API, Pages, Admin
- Unpaid Donations will be migrated as a pending Invoice
- Checked-in Attendees
- Registration Forms
- Other items
- Master Other items
- Master Registration types
- Other item purchases
- Event registration/registration types
Note: We will not be migrating:
- Membership Settings
- Membership Benefit Configuration
- Membership Type Configuration
- Contact Memberships
- Contact Membership Renewal History
- Pending Deposits
- Deposited Funds
- Payment Gateway Settings
- If your organization currently use Authorize.net, or Paypal, you will need to setup an account with Stripe.
- You will have to re-sync MailChimp with CRM 2.0. Existing MailChimp contacts inside CRM will be migrated as-is with their original “MailChimp” contact source.
- All CRMVersion 2.0 sign-ups will have to be done online (https://nonprofiteasy.com/pricing). The CRM support team will give you a unique discount code at the time of your sign-up, which will allow you to keep the same pricing as you are currently paying for CRM Version 1.0.
- Once you have signed up, you will be created as the Admin User. You can then configure Roles and add additional Users as you prefer.
Your CRM Application Roles in Version 1.0 will not be migrated to Version 2.0. CLICK HERE to see how to add you CRM users in CRM 2.0.
Your CRM admin users in Version 1.0 will not be migrated to Version 2.0. CLICK HERE to see how to add you CRM users in CRM 2.0.
Discount Code are available, but they will have to be recreated in Version 2.0
- Your Contact Types from Version 1.0 will be transferred over, but the icons that were assigned to them cannot be transferred over. To reassign icons to Contact Types inside CRM 2.0:
- Click on “Configurations” in the Main Menu -
- And Click on “Contact Types” under Contact Information -
- Click on the “Edit” button across from the Contact type you would like to Edit-
- Click or Drop the file in the box to load the image as an icon -
- Click “Save” to save your changes.
- To set your Default Salutations:
- Click on Default Salutations under Settings in the Main Menu.
- Configure the Default salutations for Individual, Organization or Household.
- If you currently are using Authorize.net, or Paypal, you will need to switch to Stripe to receive payments through CRM. If you have Bluefin, we can migrate your settings to the new CRM.
- EIN (employer identification number)
- A letter stating your 501c3 status (can be an IRS letter)
- Create a Stripe account (dashboard.stripe.com/register) and Stripe know the email address on the account
- If this pricing structure is something that interests you, you will need to reach out to Stripe email@example.com
- Stripe Fees - Aside from their normal processing fees (2.9% + $0.30), Stripe offers a NonProfit pricing structure of 2.2% + $0.30 for non-American Express transactions, and 3.5% for American Express transactions. Stripe will also waive fees on the first $15K of volume, starting when Stripe is able to apply this discount, and be ending once you've either exceeded $15K in processing volume or the one year anniversary of applying for the promotion.
- Stripe applies this pricing once a week, so once you send in the below information, you can expect a confirmation of the new pricing within a week. To apply this pricing, you will need the following:
- To set up Stripe CLICK HERE
- If you currently are using Authorize.net, or Paypal, and will be upgrading to Stripe, we will not easily be able to migrate you saved recurring payment profiles. Since CRM does not actually store credit card numbers, we store a unique token that is unique to the payment processor and the payment profile. Migration of the saved recurring profiles is not impossible, so here are the options:
- Fundly Migrates the recurring Profiles as inactive and your organization will have to reactivate them by contact your donors to update their credit card on file.
- You can contact your current payment process to see if they will provide an export of all of your saved recurring payment profiles. If you are able to obtain the saved recurring profile export, email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with importing the recurring payment profiles.
- Version 2.0 does offer a sync with Mailchimp, but you will have to reactivate the sync once up and running with Version 2.0. To configure your Mailchimp account in Version 2.0 Click Here
- Unfortunately, none of your saved Advanced Searches or Reports will be migrated. But do not worry, we have already created enhanced reports for you inside CRM 2.0 and can create more as you desire. Please feel free to reach out to our Support Team for any help on Reports or Advanced Searches. Also, Click Here to access our step-by-step tutorial on how to configure Advanced Searches.
- Each user will be able to edit the Layout Configuration for how contact details are displayed.
- Select “Layout Configuration”.
- Check/uncheck all the boxes that you would like displayed or removed -
- Drag and Drop fields to arrange the order of the elements
- Set Default Transaction Detail and Summary views.
- Each user can set their own Default Page:
- Navigate to the page that you would like to set as your default load page.
- Select “Make Default Page” within the user drop-down menu.
If you had contact photo added to your contacts in version 1.0, they will not be moved to version 2.0.
Newsletter and Donation Acknowledgment templates - as mentioned above, these have to be re-created inside CRM Version 2.0.
This feature is currently not available.
This feature is currently not available.
- Pages used to receive Online Donations, Event Registration and to process Memberships will have to be recreated with Version 2.0. We have partnered with a company called Morweb CMS that has integrated their CMS platform with Fundly to host Donation, Events, and Newsletter signups. If the Fundly implementation team has not yet connected you with Morweb, please email email@example.com to inquire about the setup of your pages.
- Users who have created logins through the public portal (Plugins or Pages) will have to recreate their login through CRM. The addition of Social Logins will help speed up the process of logging in, but we do recommend notifying your mailing list of the update.
- Unprocessed transactions that Users may have in their carts within CRM Pages and Plugins will not be saved when moving to Version 2.0.
If you have the Auction Module and you are interested in Version 2.0, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This feature is currently not available. (Slated for future development.)
To visit the CRM Support Center, click here. Here, you can contact Support by submitting a ticket and find a variety of training videos and answers to frequently asked questions.
To view and sign-up for training webinars, click here. Webinars, unlike the training videos, are done live, giving you the ability to ask questions and clarify details with our Training Specialist, Erik.