Import Utility: Importing Auction Purchases Contacts Part VII - Preview
- On Preview Tab (tab #4 or #5 depending on if you have the duplicate prevention tab or not), you will have the ability to verify that your field mapping is set up correctly and to look for an errors in your data file by previewing a sample of your data to be imported.
- The top row in the preview is the name of the CRM field where the data shown below it will be stored.
- Go column by column and verify the data to be saved in that field matches the field name. That is, verify that there are only first names in the first name column (and only one name and that there are no blanks/missing names), only last names in the last name column, etc.
- You may need to scroll to the right to see all columns (you may need to scroll all the way down to see this second/inner scroll bar).
- If you find any errors in the data, you will need to edit your data file/spreadsheet and re-upload it on Tab #2: Upload the File and then return to Tab #5: Preview to verify that everything looks correct. If you find the data is being pushed to the wrong field/column, you will need to correct the field mapping on the Field Mapping tab.
- Once you are certain your data file is error-free and that you have mapped the fields correctly on Tab #3: Map Fields, click the blue Confirm & Import button in the lower right. Alternatively, you can click the blue Back arrow in the lower left to exit out and complete the draft import at a later time.
- After clicking the Confirm & Import button, you will receive a green validation message that your import will be processed and you will be returned to the Import Utility Index Screen. Your batch will appear in the list with the status "Importing Data." Processing time will vary by size of your file and server load; generally imports of less than 1,000 records take about 20 minutes; larger imports or imports processed during busy server times may take several hours to process.
- Once the batch finishes importing, you will receive an email notifying if you the import was successful, failed, or needs corrections. See our, Import Utility: Importing Auction Purchases Part VIII - Review for the steps to finalize the import.