Import Utility: Importing Individual Contacts Part IV - Upload the File
- On Tab #2: Upload the file, there will be a pop-up dialog that will remind you to convert you file to CSV before proceeding. The system only accepts files in .csv format. You can close the pop-up if you are ready to proceed with the file upload.
- On Tab #2: Upload the file, click in the box to select the data file that you prepared for upload (please be sure to have read our Import Utility: Importing Individual Contacts Part II - Prepare Your Data prior to proceeding). You may also drag the file into the Upload CSV box.
- If you get an error message that reads "Column headers must be unique":
- First check your file to make you don't have any duplicate column headers. For example, if you have two columns with headers that read "Email," you will need to rename the columns to something like "Email #1" and "Email #1."
- If you've verified all columns have unique headers and you're still getting this error, the system is reading some of the blank columns past where you have data as having data in them (and because the headers of these columns are blank, two blanks are read as being the same/duplicate column headers). This usually happens because at some point you applied formatting to blank rows (highlighted an entire row or applied formatting such as bold or italics to the entire row, including the blank columns). Even if you later remove the formatting, there may be stray code still in your spreadsheet that the system is reading as data.
- To resolve this, copy just the cells that have data and paste them into a new spreadsheet. Do NOT select the entire columns and/or rows; only select cells in your spreadsheet that have data for import. Save the new spreadsheet and try uploading that file.
- If you still receive the error after completing the above two troubleshooting step, contact support.
- After the file is successfully attached, click the blue Save & Next button in the lower right to proceed to the next step. Alternatively, you can click the blue Back arrow in the lower left to exit out without saving. You can return to complete the draft batch in progress at a later time.
- See our Import Utility: Importing Individual Contacts Part V - Map Fields tutorial to proceed.
Article is closed for comments.