Import Utility: Importing Individual Contacts Part IV - Upload the File
- On Tab #2: Upload the file, click in the box to select the data file that you prepared for upload (please be sure to have read our Import Utility: Importing Individual Contacts Part II - Prepare Your Data prior to proceeding).
- The system only accepts files in .xlsx or .csv format.
- If you get an error message "Column headers must be unique," the system is reading some of the blank columns past where you have data as having data in them (and because the headers of these columns are blank, two blanks are read as being the same/duplicate column headers). This usually happens because at some point you applied formatting to blank rows (highlighted an entire row or applied formatting such as bold or italics to the entire row, including the blank columns). Even if you later remove the formatting, there may be stray code still in your spreadsheet that the system is reading as data.
- If your file is in .xlsx format, try saving it as a .csv and re-uploading.
- If your file is in .csv format and you are still getting the error (and you've verified all your columns have unique header names), then you will need to select just the cells that have data (do NOT select the entire columns and rows; only select the cells in your spreadsheet that have data for import) and paste them into a new spreadsheet. Save the new spreadsheet and try importing that file.
- If you still receive the error after completing the above two troubleshooting step, contact Fundly CRM support.
- After the file is successfully attached, click the blue Save & Next button in the lower right to proceed to the next step. Alternatively, you can click the blue Back arrow in the lower left to exit out without saving. You can return to complete the draft batch in progress at a later time.
- See our Import Utility: Importing Individual Contacts Part V - Map Fields tutorial to proceed.