Smart Dashboards Part IIIb: Events Dashboard Overview
- Please see the Smart Dashboards Part I tutorial for an overview of functionality and features within the Smart Dashboards.
- Please see the Smart Dashboards Part II tutorial for information on how to activate Smart Dashboards (if you have not already done so).
- To access the Event Dashboard, click on Dashboard on the Main Menu and then select Events from the sub-menu.
- The Events Dashboard has one screen/tab (Events) (as compared to the Fundraising Dashboard which has two).
- All voided and cancelled event registrations are excluded from the Events dashboard.
- The Events Dashboard has filters on the left hand side that will allow you to filter the entire Events Dashboard by:
- Event Date,
- Active/Inactive Event,
- Event Title,
- If event attendees have Checked In.
Click on any of the filters to expand the drop down and select the filter items to apply.
- Across the top of the screen are some basic metrics:
- Total Ticket Sales is the total revenue from (just) ticket sales for the time period excluding voided and cancelled (refunded or credited) transactions.
- Other Item Sales is the total revenue from the sale of event other items for the time period excluding voided transactions.
- Total Tickets Sold is the total number of tickets sold for the selected time period excluding cancelled/voided tickets.
- Attendees Checked In is the total (unique count) number of attendees checked-in for the selected time period. For example, if you filter the events dashboard for January 2018, you will see the total unique number of event attendees who attended an event in January 2018 (based on date attending field) and were marked as attended. This is a unique count of individuals so that if if a contact attends multiple events (including different sessions of the same event (such as a class), they will only be counted only once.
- The Total # of Registrants Chart shows the total (non-unique) number of event registrants (based on the registration date field) per month per year excluding voided and cancelled registrations. Contacts who register more than once (separate transactions) for the same event are counted once for each instance of registration (so if Tim buys 2 tickets on 1/15/2018 and then buys 2 more tickets in a separate transaction on 1/18/2018, he will be counted twice).
- The Registered Attendees by Month and Year Chart shows the (non-unique) total number of registered event attendees (regardless of whether or not they were marked as attended) per month and year excluding any cancelled/voided registrations based on scheduled date of attending (and not registration date). Attendees are counted once for each scheduled date of attendance (so if a class runs once per week for four weeks (4 sessions) and a contact is scheduled to attend all four dates, then the contact will be counted 4 times. "Guest 1," "Guest 2," etc. attendees are also counted in the count.
- The Registrants Table shows the name of all registrants to all events during the selected time period (based on registration date) and the total amount of money they paid in ticket/registration fees, excluding cancelled/voided transactions (except in the case where cancellation fees are charged/only a partial refund or credit is issued. Partial ticket revenue from cancellation fees IS also included in this revenue total). Revenue from Event Other Items is NOT included in this table.
- The Registration Revenue Chart shows the total amount of revenue from registrations/ticket sales per month per year (based on registration date), excluding cancelled/voided transactions (except in the case where a cancellation fee is kept; the cancellation fee/portion that was kept IS included in this chart). Revenue from Event Other Items is NOT included in this chart.
- The Other Item Revenue chart shows the total amount of revenue from the sale of other items/merchandise per month per year (based on registration date) for the selected time period (excluding voided items).
- The Attendees by Registration Type Table shows the number of attendees registered for an event by ticket type excluding cancelled/voided registrations for the selected time period based on scheduled attendance date. This table includes "Guest 1," "Guest 2," etc. attendees.
Article is closed for comments.