Mentoring Module: Matching Mentors & Mentees
- The mentoring module can be used for tracking mentor and mentee pairings. The module can be used to track peer-to-peer mentoring relationships or adult-to-youth mentoring relationships. You must first turn on this module (it is a paid add-on) in order to use it. See our tutorial on activating the Mentoring Module.
- To match an approved Mentee to an approved Mentor, edit the Mentor record (see this tutorial on adding Mentors to your system), and click on the Mentor tab.
- In the Mentor/Mentee Relationship field, start typing the name of an approved Mentee . A list of matching names will appear; select the Mentee's name to add him/her to the Mentor's record.
- Conversely, if the Mentor is not already in your system, you can add a new Mentor record by clicking the Add New Contact button.
- This will open the full Add New Contact screen IN A NEW/SECOND BROWSER TAB. Fill in whatever information you have (First and Last name are required fields) and click Save. Add the Mentee Contact Type (see this tutorial for more information) and click Save a second time. Close this second browser tab to return to your Mentee’s record.
- Now type the new contact’s name in the Choose Mentee box as per Step #3 above.
- A pop up box will appear allowing you to indicate the match date, if the mentee has permission to meet with the mentor off campus/off school grounds (for youth program participants), and any special comments/notes. Complete the fields and then click Add to save.
- The Mentee’s name will now show on the Mentor’s record and the Mentor’s status will have changed to Matched.
- If you edit the Mentee’s record and view the Mentee tab, you will also see details of the match.
- If you need to change of the details of the Mentor-Mentee relationship (match date, Off-Campus permission, or notes/special comments, client the Edit button to the right of the Mentor’s name (if on the Mentee record) or Mentee name (if on the Mentor record).
- To Delete a Mentor-Mentee relationship that was erroneously entered, select Delete from the drop down to the right of the Mentor/Mentee name. Please note: to close/indicate the formal end to a Mentor-Mentee relationship, do NOT delete the relationship. Instead, follow this tutorial on Ending Mentor-Mentee Relationships.
Article is closed for comments.