Mentoring Module: Add Schools & Add Districts
- The mentoring module can be used for tracking mentor and mentee pairings. The module can be used to track peer-to-peer mentoring relationships or adult-to-youth mentoring. You must first turn on this module (it is a paid add-on) in order to use it. See our tutorial on activating the Mentoring Module.
- The School field is a required field when adding Mentees; schools must be configured prior to adding Mentees to your CRM.
- If your mentees are not associated with a school, then you can create a school called “Not Applicable” or something similar to associate your mentees with.
- To add Schools, find the organizational contact record for that school/entity in your database, edit it, and click the “+” button in the Add Contact Type area.
- Click the check box next to the School contact type, then click Continue to save the Contact Type.
- The School contact type icon will be added to the contact record (the mentoring icon with a black check mark over it).
- In addition, the School Custom Data Set tab will appear, allowing you to enter school related data into the contact record.
- Click on the School tab and add the related information; all fields here are optional/not required. Coordinator is the name of an individual contact within your database who is the main point of contact for the school’s mentoring program, the Mentor Center options allow you to enter information about the school’s mentoring center (if they have one), the District field allows you to indicate which school district the school is in, and the Accessories Access indicate what hardware/computer equipment the mentoring center has.
- Districts (as are all fields on the Schools tab) are configured/added to the District drop down by going to Left Hand Menu > Custom Data Sets > Other Details. Select Edit. Look for the District fields and click Edit again.
- Select Edit next to the District field and add whatever district names you wish. Save the changes.
- You can add other fields to the Schools tab by adding those fields to this Custom Data Set. See our tutorials on working with Custom Data Sets if you need guidance on adding fields to a custom data set.
Article is closed for comments.