Text-to-Donate Part IV: Send Follow up Text Blast
- This tutorial covers how to resend a Text Blast to the original recipients using the Re-Send Text Blast feature. This allows you resend a sent text blast or a follow up text blast to the original recipients which was sent previously to your contacts.
- A Text Blast that has been sent to contacts can be resent to those contacts - either to all of the original recipients, all of the original recipients excluding those who clicked the link but not donated, or to all original recipients excluding those who have donated. You cannot use the Re-Send Text Blast function to send the same text blast to additional/new contacts. You would need to create a new text blast from scratch to do that.
- Please Note: the text-to-donate feature, including re-sending a text blast (follow up), is a paid add on. Clients are charged $0.02 per text sent AND received (including the automatic "thank you for donating" text that is sent after a donation is made [if configured]). See the Part I tutorial for more information on text-to-donate fees.
- To resend or follow up a previously sent Text Blast, on the Main Menu click on Communications and then select History in the sub-menu.
- Find the sent text blast in the list that you want to resend or whose recipients you want to send a follow up text blast to. You can use the search filters at the top of the screen to search for your sent text blast - you can enter text blast name in the "Search Text" box or you can select Text Blast in the Category dropdown. After entering your criteria, click the Filter button.
- Click the drop down to the right of the sent Text Blast and select Resend.
- Alternatively, click View Summary from the drop down to the right of any sent Text Blast on the Main Menu: Communications: History index page. At the bottom right of the sent Text Blast Summary/Metrics page, click the blue Resend button.
- The Resend Text Blast pop up window will open.
- You cannot make any changes to the recipients (all previous recipients will populate/be pulled in by default). Please Note: if you want to see the list of recipients, go to Main Menu: Communications: History, find the original Text Blast in the list, and select "View Recipients" from the drop down to the right (see screen shot in step #6 above).
- The Text Blast Name will pre-populate from the original Text Blast Name (this is an internal reference field and will not be seen by your recipients) but you CAN change it if you so desire.
- You can exclude from the recipient list those who clicked the link in the original text blast but didn't donate and/or exclude those who did make a donation from the link in the original Text Blast by clicking either or both of the check boxes.
- The previously sent text message will load by default in Text Message box. If you wish, you can edit the text message in case you don't want to send the exact same text message, (Please Note: the text message length cannot be more than 140 characters).
- In the Send Preferences section, opt to send your Text Blast now or select a date and time when you wish the Text Blast to send.
- Finally, click the Send (will show if sending now)/Schedule (will show if you scheduled the Text Blast to send later) button to send/schedule to send your Text Blast.
- You will receive a confirmation screen with two options- Create New and Go To List. If you click Create New, you will be redirected to create new text blast page. If you click Go To List, you will be redirected to the Pending Communications tab.