Raising Money Webinar Recording
This webinar focuses on general strategies and best practices for raising money. Outline of tips/topics covered in the webinar:
- Maximize Existing Donors:
- Onboarding experience for new donors (connect them to your org)
- Don't let them lapse - stay in touch throughout the year, ask more than once per year, "morning coffee," etc.
- Understand why each donor gives (their motivation) so you can target message
- Stretch goals/asks - dynamic ask arrays and e-Appeal/print Appeal (direct marketing) modules in CRM (Please Note: the webinar makes mention of NPE-DonorSearch integration - this integration is no longer available. However, users can still utilize wealth profile information obtained from third-party sources to help them segment their donor lists)
- May only need a short reminder to donate
- Utilize them to spread the message about your org - Facebook birthday fundraisers, crowdfunding campaigns (Fundly crowdfunding tool), give them tasks (share this newsletter with five friends, share this request for donations on your social media, team fundraising (Avon Walk model), table buys, house parties, etc.). Give them concrete things they can do to support you/help you bring in money (be specific rather than general)
- Utilize them on a fundraising committee and/or involve them in the organization in other ways
- Show appreciation
- Go after employer matching gifts (use the 360MatchPro integration in NPE)
- Lapsed Donors
- Why did they lapse?
- Re-engagement depends on why they lapsed
- Make an effort to re-engage - might require several "touches" through various methods. Print letter followed by an email followed by a phone call, for example
- Don't let them lapse in the place - stay in touch throughout the year, keep them engaged, etc.
- Bringing in New Donors
- Experiment with different types of appeals/messaging (A/B testing) - some people respond to appeal to emotion, some to logic/reason, some to "goodness," some to incentives, some to a very focused ask, some to a generalized ask, etc.
- Make giving easy - website, by mail, in person, via FB, etc. etc.
- Have many different avenues to catch the various types of donors
- Some people will not respond to "donation" but will to purchase of merchandise (a bumper sticker, for example) or word "supporter" or "member/membership" - there's a difference between back end tracking and front end marketing to bring in the money. You can call it a merchandise sale on front end and a donation on the back end (if amount paid is greater than fair market value, the amount above FMV is a donation)
- Ujoin integration can be used for prospecting by connecting you to those who support your cause/mission, utilizing existing donors to bring in new donors (volunteer fundraising committee), convert supporters to donors (often we forget to ask event attendees, supporters, volunteers, etc. for a donation)
- Purge prospect list of those who clearly won't donate (after multiple asks).
Article is closed for comments.