The import utility feature allows universities to import schools, departments, courses and faculty by batches. This feature is only available to universities and not to VACs or organizations.
Create Import Batch
- From the Main Menu, click Import Utility.
- Click Create Import Batch to start the import procedure.
- Under the Import Details tab on the import wizard, enter the batch title and import type (i.e. school, department, course or faculty). Then, click Save and Next.
- Under Upload the File, drop the file on the field or click the field to select the document to upload. Then, click Save and Next.
- Sample templates can be downloaded.
- It is recommended to import a CSV file, but an XLSX file is supported as well.
- Under Map Fields, map your column names to the corresponding field names in the database. Then, click Save and Next.
- Note: Columns that are not mapped will not be imported.
- You will have the option to save your mapping for future use by entering a name for the saved mapping then clicking Save. Click Cancel to not save the mapping.
- Under Preview, review the data to be imported. Click Confirm & Import to proceed.
- The page will redirect to the Import Batch Listing page where you will see the batch import along with its status.
- Importing Data
- Processing Completed
- Validation Completed – Errors
- Once the batch import is completed, an email is sent to the admin of the completion and status.
Re-validate and Import
If the batch import results in an error, you will be able to review and edit the invalid/missing data.
- From the Import Batch List, click the Review button of the desired batch import. The page will then display the errors on that specific batch import.
- To upload an entirely new document, click Upload a New File.
- To only edit the erroneous record/s, click Edit Invalid/Missing Records.
- It is advisable to use the edit option when errors are few.