Grants: Edit or Delete Grant
- Once you have entered a grant into your system, you can edit the grant at any time to change any of the grant information or to change the grant status.
- To get started, from the Main Menu, in the Fundraising Category, select Grants to go to the Grants List/grants index screen.
- Find the grant whose status you want to change or that you want to edit in the Grant List (note: you can change the status of any grant to another status, you can delete any grant regardless of status, and you can edit any grant, regardless of status). You can filter the Grant List by clicking on the status buttons at the top of the screen or use the Search Grant field to search by grant name or grantor.
- Once you find the grant application whose status you wish to change, click the drop down to the right of the grant and select Edit.
- Make any changes to the grant and click the blue Save button in the lower right. If you wish to change the status of a grant, review our tutorials on Approving, Rejecting, or marking as Complete grant applications.
- If you wish to Delete a grant application, from the Grant List, click the drop down to the right of the grant and select Delete.
- DELETING A GRANT IS IRREVOCABLE. The data cannot be retrieved once deleted.
- Deleting a paid grant/a grant that has payments associated with it will delete all data associated to the grant - the grant record, all associated invoices, and all payments (no credit will be created on the grantor's ledger). As this will delete the entire paper trail associated with the grant, this option should only be used for erroneous applications/applications that were created in error. Approved grants that you wish to archive should have their status changed to Completed to archive them (rather than deleting them).