Direct Marketing: Configuration - Transcodes
- This tutorial will cover how to create transcodes for use with the direct marketing module.
- Transcodes are sequences that are generated in order to uniquely identify Contact Records in a specific Appeal, Package, and Segment of a direct marketing campaign.
- To configure transcodes, click on the Main Menu (3 bars) button in the upper right corner of the screen, and in the Active Modules section, click on Configurations.
- In the resulting Configurations screen, under Appeals, click on Transcodes to be taken to a list of all currently configured transcodes.
- To create a new transcode to be used with direct marketing campaigns, click on the New Transcode button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- In the resulting pop-up dialog box, provide a unique code and clear description for the transcode, in the Code and Description fields respectively, and hit the Save button.
- Transcodes include, at a minimum, the Appeal, Segment, and Package ID of the contact to allow for unique identification of that contact in relation to the direct marketing campaign.
- A transcode can also include Recency, Frequency and Amount codes, as well as filler characters.
- To add additional fields to the transcode, select the desired field from the selection drop-down menu and click the Add button.
- To reorder the transcode fields, simply click on the element you wish to move, and drag and release it into the desired location.
- When you have finished making changes to the transcode, click the Back button to return to the list of currently configured transcodes.
- It is quite common for organizations to have only a single transcode configuration within their system.
- To edit an existing transcode configuration, click on the Edit button for the appropriate contact entry.
- To delete an existing transcode configuration, click on the drop-down menu to the right of the Edit button for the appropriate transcode, and click on Delete.
Article is closed for comments.