Direct Marketing: Configuration - Scanlines
- This tutorial will cover how to create scanlines for use with the direct marketing module.
- Scanlines are generated sequences that are used to uniquely and discretely identify responses from a direct marketing appeal; they are intended to allow for improved and automated processing of donations.
- To configure scanlines, click on the Main Menu (3 bars) button in the upper right corner of the screen, and in the Active Modules section, click on Configurations.
- In the resulting Configurations screen, under Appeals, click on Scanlines to be taken to a list of all currently configured scanlines.
- To create a scanline for use with direct marketing campaigns, click on the New Scanline button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- In the resulting pop-up dialog box, provide a unique code and clear description for the scanline, in the Code and Description fields respectively, and hit the Save button.
- Scanlines include, at minimum, the Client ID, Account ID, and Transcode of the appeal to allow for unique identification.
- Scanlines may also include Ask Array values, which high-speed scanners compare with gift amounts.
- Lastly, for use with mechanical processing equipment, a Check-Digit Calculation can be added to help ensure accurate reading of the scanline.
- To add additional fields to the scanline, select the desired field from the selection drop-down menu and click the Add button.
- To reorder the scanline fields, simply click on the element you wish to move, and drag and release it in the desired location.
- When you have finished making changes to the scanline, click the Back button to return to the list of configured scanlines.
- It is quite common for organizations to only have a single scanline configuration within their system.
- To edit an existing scanline configuration, click on the Edit button for the appropriate contact entry.
- To delete an existing scanline configuration, click on the drop-down menu to the right of the Edit button for the appropriate scanline, and click on Delete.
Article is closed for comments.