Direct Marketing: Configuration - Seeds
- This tutorial will cover how to create seed groups and contacts for use with the direct marketing module.
- Seed groups and contacts are contacts that are added to the recipient list of a direct mailing campaign; they are used to enable the oversight and auditing of the receipt and outcome of marketing materials, and they may include staff and board members.
- To configure seed groups and contacts, click on the Main Menu (3 bars) button in the upper right of the screen, and in the Active Modules section, click on Configurations.
- In the resulting Configurations screen, under Appeals, click on Seeds (Groups & Contacts) to be taken to a list of all currently configured seed groups and contacts.
- To create a new contact to act as a seed for direct marketing campaigns, click on the New Contact button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- In the resulting pop-up dialog box, supply all available information for the contact including name, email and physical address.
- When you have entered all the contact’s information, click on the Save button.
- To create a new group, click on the New Group button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- In the resulting pop-up dialog box, provide a name for the group and a unique code, in the Name and Code fields, respectively, and hit the Save button.
- To assign contacts to a seed group, mark the check-box next to all the contacts you wish to be in the same group; then, from the Group drop-down menu, select all groups to which these contacts are to be added and click the Apply button.
- To remove a contact from a group, find the name of the group in the contact entry, go to the Group column, and click on the X button for that group name.
- To edit an existing contact, click on the Edit button for the appropriate contact entry.
Article is closed for comments.