Opportunity search widgets allow you to display volunteer opportunities on external websites, helping your VAC and partner organizations promote your opportunities. With your volunteer management account, you can create multiple widgets, each customized to display different opportunities. Our system will then automatically generate the script needed to embed the widget into an external website.
- From the Main Menu, click Opportunity Search Widget.
- To create a new widget, click Add New Widget at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Enter a Widget Title.
- To add a Widget Logo, click on Click here OR Drop file here and select the desired document from your computer.
- Click on the Build Criteria
Note: Criteria selections made here will restrict the opportunities that appear in the widget. If you wish to display all opportunities in the widget, do not add any criteria.
- Select the Organization(s) and Program(s) whose opportunities you wish to appear in the widget.
- Most partner organizations are unable to create opportunity search widgets in their accounts. To help a partner organization promote its opportunities, create a widget featuring only the organization’s opportunities and provide them with the script to use on their website.
- To promote a program, create a widget featuring the program’s opportunities and display it on the program’s or sponsors’ websites.
- Under “What Would You Like To Do?,” select the Cause(s), Skill(s), and Activity Type(s) you wish to include.
- Under “Appropriate For,” select the Age range(s) you wish to include. To include opportunities that allow Team/Group Applications, check the box.
- Under “Who Would You Like To Serve?,” select the Age range(s), Gender, and Population(s) Served you wish to include.
- When done, click Save Build Criteria. A preview of the widget will appear on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the Appearance
- Select the desired Font Color, Button Color, and Border Color.
- Enter a width and height for the widget.
- When done, click Save Build Criteria.
- To generate the script for this widget, click Generate Script. You can then copy and paste the script into the HTML of your website.
- If you wish to delete your work and reset all fields, click Clear Build Criteria.
Note: Be sure to save your changes.
- Click Back to return to the main opportunity search widget screen.
- To edit a widget: Click Edit next to the desired widget.
- To generate the script for a widget: Click Generate Script in its dropdown menu.
- To delete a widget: Click Delete in its dropdown menu, then click OK.