Opportunity search widgets allow you to display volunteer opportunities on external websites, helping your VAC and partner organizations promote your opportunities. With your Fundly Connect™ account, you can create multiple widgets, each customized to display different opportunities. Fundly will then automatically generate the script needed to embed the widget into an external website.
- From the Main Menu, click Opportunity Search Widget.
- To create a new widget, click Add New Widget at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Enter a Widget Title.
- To add a Widget Logo, click on Click here OR Drop file here and select the desired document from your computer.
- Click on the Build Criteria
Note: Criteria selections made here will restrict the opportunities that appear in the widget. If you wish to display all opportunities in the widget, do not add any criteria.
- Select the Organization(s) and Program(s) whose opportunities you wish to appear in the widget.
- Most partner organizations are unable to create opportunity search widgets in their accounts. To help a partner organization promote its opportunities, create a widget featuring only the organization’s opportunities and provide them with the script to use on their website.
- To promote a program, create a widget featuring the program’s opportunities and display it on the program’s or sponsors’ websites.
- Under “What Would You Like To Do?,” select the Cause(s), Skill(s), and Activity Type(s) you wish to include.
- Under “Appropriate For,” select the Age range(s) you wish to include. To include opportunities that allow Team/Group Applications, check the box.
- Under “Who Would You Like To Serve?,” select the Age range(s), Gender, and Population(s) Served you wish to include.
- When done, click Save Build Criteria. A preview of the widget will appear on the right side of the screen.
- Click on the Appearance
- Select the desired Font Color, Button Color, and Border Color.
- Enter a width and height for the widget.
- When done, click Save Build Criteria.
- To generate the script for this widget, click Generate Script. You can then copy and paste the script into the HTML of your website.
- If you wish to delete your work and reset all fields, click Clear Build Criteria.
Note: Be sure to save your changes.
- Click Back to return to the main opportunity search widget screen.
- To edit a widget: Click Edit next to the desired widget.
- To generate the script for a widget: Click Generate Script in its dropdown menu.
- To delete a widget: Click Delete in its dropdown menu, then click OK.