Pages Configurations and Settings Part II: Configurations
- This tutorial will cover how to configure various checkout settings for your online Pages.
- Pages is one way that you can integrate your website and our CRM in order to allow online registration for events, online donations, online pledges, online membership purchases and renewals, and/or e-Store purchases (our WordPress Plug-Ins are the other way and the Donation Widget is a third option for online integration for donations).
- Pages are stand along web pages that sit on our server and which you link to from your website (for example, you might configure a donation page through Pages and then add a "Donate Now" link on your website that directs the user to your CRM donation Page. There is no additional fee for using Pages - it is included in all CRM subscription plans.
- All configurations of Pages are done from inside your CRM.
- After you have configured the look and feel of your online pages (Part I tutorial), you can configure various optional settings related to online checkout, such as turning the shopping cart on or off, turning public profiles/accounts on or off, turning an an optional donation on checkout on or off, and turning the pay later option on or off.
- To get started, on the Main Menu, click on Website Integrations and then select Other in the Configurations section of the sub-menu.
- This will take you to the Website Integrations Other Settings Index Page. Here you can set your various optional settings.
- If you would like online/website visitors to be prompted to make a donation to your organization when they are checking out/on the check out page, check the Donation on Checkout Page check box. The optional donation field will show on the checkout page (2nd screen shot below). Please Note: if the purchaser is making a donation/if there is a donation as part of the check out, the optional donation field will NOT show (the purchaser will not be asked to make a second donation) even if the check box is checked. That is, the optional donation field is dynamic and won't prompt those already making a donation for a donation.
- After checking the optional donation check box, selecting the Fund and Gift Source that should be used for each (optional donation) made. You cannot add new options to the drop downs here - these must be configured ahead of time (Main Menu: Fundraising: Configurations).
- If you would like to allow users to checkout without entering payment (perhaps they will mail a check instead of paying by credit card), then click the Pay Later check box and then configure the text that will appear on the Pay Later option/button.
- In the Manage Invoice settings, choose whether or not online purchasers receive an invoice/payment receipt for their transaction. If you opt to send an invoice/payment receipt, the online purchaser will be sent the template configured at Main Menu: Financials: Settings: Invoice Layout.
- To send an invoice/payment receipt to the purchaser for EVERY online transaction, select the first option. Keep in mind that all transaction types will receive the same template - donations, event registrations, memberships, and e-Store purchases (there is no way to configure different templates for different types of transactions).
- To only send an invoice/payment receipt when there is an amount due (when transaction is not paid in full), select the 2nd option.
- To turn off invoices/payment receipts for online transactions, select the third option.
- The shopping cart function allows users to purchase several different transactions/items all at once by adding items to the online cart and then checking out just once. For instance, user might want to purchase tickets to two different events at the same time, or purchase tickets to one event and also purchase a membership at the same time. To turn ON this function, leave the Disable Cart box unchecked. To turn OFF the shopping cart, check the Disable Cart button.
- You will know if the shopping cart function is turned on/off in your Pages, by the presence (or lack thereof) of the shopping cart icon on the right hand side of your front facing pages.
- The public profiles/"accounts" function allows users to create a username and password that they can use to speed up transactions and update their information. With a public log-in, they can update their contact information, household members, credit card on file, and cancel event tickets and e-Store purchases. However, it is NOT necessary for the public profiles function to be turned on in order for members to receive member discounts for events. Even with public profiles turned off, the system will recognize members by their name and email address (as long as they use the exact same spelling of their name and the exact same email address that is on file/on their contact record in your CRM. See our tutorial on online event purchases for more information). If you would like to turn the public profiles function ON, leave the Disable User Profile box unchecked. To turn OFF the public profiles function, check the Disable User Profile box.
- You will know if the public profiles function is turned on/off in your Pages, by the presence (or lack thereof) of the lock icon on the right hand side of your front facing pages.
- When you are done configuring your Pages settings, click the blue Save button in the lower right hand corner of the screen to save your changes.
Article is closed for comments.