Setting Volunteer Search Preferences
Fundly Connect gathers as much volunteer information as it can to find the best opportunity match, and that includes volunteer preferences set by each volunteer within their profiles. Volunteer preferences range from causes, skills, activity types, organizations, distance from location, demographics served and even availability. These preferences will apply to all searches (e.g. Recommended opportunities, global search) that you conduct when logged in to your account.
- From the Main Menu click My Profile, then click Search Preferences.
- Under “Distance,” select the maximum distance from your zip code that you are willing to travel to volunteer.
- Under “What Would You Like To Do,” use the dropdown menus to select the Causes, Skills, and Activity Types in which you are interested.
- Under “Appropriate For,” select the age group in which you fall.
- Under “Programs,” select the programs in which you are interested. These are the programs that are under your associated organizations.
- Under “When Are You Available,” use the grid to select the days of the week and times of day (morning, afternoon, and/or evening) when you are available to volunteer.
- Keep your profile up-to-date for best results. Be sure to edit your availability if it changes.
- Under “Who Would You Like to Serve,” select the Age Group(s), Gender, and Population(s) that you are interested in serving.
- Click Save.