Manage Duplicates: Merge Duplicates Part II - Merge User Identified Duplicates
- If you find two records within the system (outside of the Merge Duplicates: Review tab) that are duplicates/that need to be merged together, you can manually merge them together from the Take Action Menu on the search results screen.
- To get started, use quick search or advanced search to find the records and pull them up in the same search results.
- Keep in mind, that you cannot merge individuals and organizations together. Individuals can only be merged into other individuals; organizations can only be merged into organizations.
- In this example, we're searching for everyone with the name Terri Bruce. As you can see from the search results, we have multiple records with the name.
- Select the records you want to merge together by checking the white box to the left of each name.
- From the Apply to Selected Contacts drop down in the lower right hand corner (Take Action Menu), select Merge Contact.
- This will take you to the Merge Duplicates screen. Follow the steps in our Manage Duplicates: Merge Duplicates Part I - Merge System Identified Duplicates tutorial to complete merging the records.