Individuals and Organizations: The Change Log
- The system comes with a "Change Log" that tracks the changes made to each contact record.
- You can use this log to see how the various fields on a contact record have been changed.
- To view the Change Log, view a contact record.
- Click the orange Change Log button in the upper right hand corner.
- This will take you to the Change Log screen where you can see a list of changes made to the contact record inception to date (since the log went into effect June 26, 2018).
- You can search/filter the list of changes using the filters at the top of the page.
- The Operation drop down will let you search by type of change. The Field drop down will let you search by specific field on the contact record. The User drop down will let you search by CRM users who did the changes.
- One change might involve several updates/changes - for instance, updating the prefix on a record might automatically change/update the contact's salutation. So you may see several items in the details screen that are related/that might be automatic updates stemming from a related transaction.
- To see the details of any entry in the change log, click the magnifying glass to the right of the transaction.
- This will open up a details screen that will show the old value (what it was prior to the change), the new value that was added, and what type of change (operation) was made (update, insert/added, or deleted).
- You can filter/search the details screen using the filters at the top of the screen.
- When changes are made to a contact record due to a staff member/user merging duplicates, then the change log will show "Merge" as the username who made the changes.
- Not everything is tracked in the change log. Following is a list of the fields that are tracked:
Source Field Contact Prefix Contact First Name Contact Middle Name Contact Last Name Contact Suffix Contact Organization Name Contact Birth Date Contact Gender Contact Website Contact Active Contact Nick Name Contact Formal Salutation Contact Informal Salutation Contact Household Salutation Contact Parenting Status Contact Marital Status Contact Housing Status Contact Employment Status Contact Income Level Contact Crucial Information Contact No. of Employees Contact Year Founded Contact Phone Call Contact Send Mail Contact Send Email Contact Contact Deleted Contact Contact Deleted On Contact Informal Household Salutation Address AddressLine1 Address AddressLine2 Address AddressLine3 Address AddressLine4 Address City Address County Address State Address Zip Address Zip Plus 4 Code Address Country Address Seasonal Address From Date Address Seasonal Address To Date Household Email Verified Primary Email Phone Phone Phone Extension Phone Household Phone Phone Primary Phone