Fundraising: Premium Fulfillment
- This tutorial will cover how to manage premium fulfillment.
- Premiums are tangible goods that your donors can receive in exchange for making a donation - such as a key chain or coffee mug.
- As contacts make donations that provide them with premiums, these premiums owed will be tracked by the system allowing you to indicate when these premiums have been sent to the donor.
- To start, make sure you have configured premiums in your system (see our Donation Premiums Part I: Configure Donation Premiums tutorial) and have configured premium rules (see our Donation Premiums Part II: Configure Premium Rules tutorial).
- To see a list of all donation premiums to be fulfilled/sent out, click on Fundraising on the Main Menu to open the fundraising sub-menu and select Premium Fulfillment.
- This will take you to the list of premiums waiting to be sent out. You can view the list of pending orders by chronological date added to the list ("standard"/default view), by Premium Rule, or by Contact by toggling the tabs in the upper left.
- To indicate a status change on a premium (item has been sent, item has been received, etc.), click the Change Status button to the right of the premium.
- In the resulting pop up dialogue indicate the new status of the premium with the Status drop down.
- Pending - item is waiting to be fulfilled
- In-Process - item is in process of being sent or item has been mailed to donor (the exact meaning will depend on your organization/internal policy for considering a premium "in-process").
- Fulfilled - item has been mailed to the donor or item has been received by the donor (the exact meaning will depend on your organization/internal policy for considering a premium "fulfilled").
- Undelivered - for some reason, your organization was not able to fulfill the premium
- No Premium - the donor should not have been marked to receive this premium (this is the equivalent of "skip premium").
When the status for a premium is set to Undelivered or Fulfilled it will be moved to the Fulfillment History list and will not longer show in the active list. When the status for a premium is set to "No Premium," it will be removed from the premium fulfillment area altogether.
- Use the Shipment Tracking Number to record any tracking information you have for the premium, and the Shipment Date field to indicate when the premium was shipped.
- When you have finished, click on the Change Status button to return to the pending benefit list.
- To change the status of multiple premiums simultaneously, check the box to the left of the desired premiums and click on the Change Status button in the lower right of the screen.
- In the resulting dialogue indicate the new status and click Change Status. You will not be able to enter tracking information when changing the status for multiple donors/premiums (since the information would vary by donor).
- You can also update the status of all unfulfilled premiums by selecting "Change Status for All" under the Action menu in the lower right hand corner.
- To manually add a premium to be fulfilled (for example, if you want to send a premium to a board member even if they didn't make a qualifying donation), click on the Rush Order button in the lower right of the screen.
- Use the Fulfillment Date field to indicate when the premium is to be triggered for the contact.
- Next indicate the contact to receive the premium and what premiums they are to receive with the indicated field. Add any notes in the note field.
- When done click on either Save and Queue for Fulfillment or Save and Consider as Fulfilled depending on if the premium has still yet to be sent out or if it has been completed.
- To view the list of fulfilled premiums, click on the Fulfillment History button in the lower right of the screen. You can view the fulfillment history by Standard view, by Premium Rule, or by Contact by toggling the three tabs in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
- For more information, see also our Year End Thank Yous, Premiums, and Ask Arrays webinar recording.
Article is closed for comments.