Contacts: Configure Tags
- This tutorial will cover how to configure Tags.
- Tags are basic flags that you can create and use to manually mark and search contact records. They are a way of adding keywords, interests, and affiliations to contact records and a way of marking a record for use in searches and reports when there are no commonalities/no other search criteria you can use to pull the specified contacts into a report or advanced search.
- To configure tags, start by clicking on Contacts on the main menu to open the contacts sub-menu and then click Tags under the Configurations heading.
- This will present you with a list of any currently configured tags.
- To add a new tag, fill in the Name field (this is what will appear in drop down lists) and the Code (just an internal tracking reference - can be letters or numbers and is required), and then click the Add button to the right.
- To edit an existing tag, find the tag in the list, and in the drop down to its right select Edit.
- This will modify the fields to allow you to edit the tag, and when you have completed your changes, click the Save button on the right.
- To delete a tag, find the option in the list and, in the drop down on the right, select Delete.
- You will then be asked to confirm the change and upon doing so, the tag option will be deleted from the system and all contact records.
- To merge tags together, thus combining the contacts in those tags, click on the Merge Tags button in the lower right of the screen.
- Start by selecting the tag into which you wish to merge into using the Primary Tag drop-down.
- Next, with the Merge Tags drop-down select all tags you wish to merge into the Primary Tag.
- If you wish to have the merged tags removed upon completion of the process, mark the “Delete merge tags” check-box.
- When you are ready to complete the merge process click on the Merge button.
Article is closed for comments.