FAQ: How to set up an Employer Matched Donation
- To set up an Employer matched donation, you will need to enter two donations - one donation from the Employer (organization) and one donation from the Employee – and use a custom data set to link the two gifts together.
- If you are using our 360MatchPro integration for tracking and processing employer matching gifts (recommended), you will see the matching gift eligibility status on the gifts index page and be able to track where in the process the employer matching gift is (if you have not turned on the 360MatchPro integration, this field will be blank/will not have any data).
- Once the employer's match donation is received, enter in into CRM as normal; however, you may wish to indicate that the donation was received as an employer match gift. You can do this by adding information to the Gift Memo field or by creating a custom data set field to track this.
- The Gifts Additional Information custom data set is the best place to add the custom fields that will link the two donations together. On the Main Menu, select Custom Data Sets.
- Find the Gift Additional Information custom data set and select Edit from the drop down on the right.
- Add the fields that you want. We suggest adding "Match Gift?" as a yes/no field and the Name of the employee (as a contact name field) for whom this donation was received as a match gift. You may opt to add other or additional fields to suit your needs.
- To record employer matching gifts, start by adding a new donation as usual from Add Gift on the Quick Add menu, from the gifts index screen, from View Contact, or from Add Invoice (see our tutorial on adding donations for more information).
- Enter the Employer's donation and fill out the gift additional information matching gift fields that you previously created.