Donor Prospects: Stage of Development Part II – Add/Edit Contact Stage of Development
- The Stage of Development module allows users to track a contact’s flow through a lead development pipeline. For example, this module could be used to track the development of donors from a prospect through various relationship stages to donor, or a potential client from a lead to a closed deal/sale.
- Before the stage of development can be added to a contact record, they stages must first be configured on the Configurations menu (see the Stage of Development Part I – Configure Stage of Development tutorial).
- To add a stage of development to a contact’s record, view the contact record.
- Scroll down to the Stage of Development widget. You may have to first turn this module on under the Available Widgets configuration (blue Gear button at the top left hand corner of the view contact screen).
- On the Stage of Development module, you will see any stages that have previously been added to the contact’s record and you will see a count of interactions that occurred with the contact while the contact was in each stage of development.
- Clicking on the Interaction Count for any stage will reveal the details of the interactions that have taken place while that contact was at that stage of development.
- To add a new stage of development to the contact’s record, click on the Select Stage drop down menu.
- Select the desired stage.
- Pick the date the contact was added to the stage.
- Click Change. The stage of development is now recorded on the contact’s record (it may take a second or two for the contact page to refresh and show the stage of development).
- The system will automatically enter an end date for the previous stage as the date you change the contact to a new stage. You cannot back date stage of development changes; the system will automatically assign the date you add a new stage as the end date for the previous stage and the start date of the current stage.
- The system will now keep track of the number of interactions recorded (in the tasks and interactions module) with this contact, while the contact is at this stage of development. This count will show in the Interaction Count column. This allows user to keep track of how much effort (how many interactions) it took to move the contact to the next stage of development.
- To change/update the contact’s stage of development, simply repeat steps #8 and #9 above.
- You can set a contact back to an earlier stage of development by selecting that stage from the list, adding a note, and clicking Change.
- You cannot delete a stage of development; once added, it will be a permanent part of the contact’s record.
Article is closed for comments.