- CRM v2 provides the ability for users to transact financial payments in multiple currencies. Please note: multi-currency processing is only supported for Donations and Memberships. It is not supported for Event Registrations.
- To turn on multi-currency function, click on Financials Module from the left hand menu and click on Other under Settings heading.
- In the resulting screen, check the Enable Multi-Currency Processing check box, and then click Save.
- Now, when recording a transaction within your CRM, the user will be asked to choose a currency on the Create Invoice screen.
- The Invoice Amount, Sub-Total, and Amount Paid fields will display the transaction’s currency (in the example, we have selected Euro for the currency).
- When adding a donation from the back end, the donation amount selected will display in the transaction’s currency.
- When looking for invoices in other currency, select the currency at the currency drop down at the top center of the screen.
- Donations through your website/public portal will only be able to donate in a foreign/non-home currency via the “enter your gift amount" field on your Ask Array (for more information on how to configure your Ask Array/how to add a “enter your own amount” field, see our tutorial on Ask Arrays).
- When adding a membership, user (both on the back end and via your public portal/website) will only be able to select those memberships which have a price level configured in the transaction currency (membership configurations).
- When receiving payment, user will be required to enter the amount paid in the transaction currency as well as the equivalent amount in the home currency (for all payment modes except for credit card); both fields are required.