Invoices: Configure Invoices
- Payment receipts and requests for payments that are sent to contacts are referred to as invoices in Fundly CRM v2 (this is separate from the Invoices module where financial transactions are recorded and can be edited and deleted).
- You can choose whether or not these Invoices go out automatically to contacts who make an online transaction (membership sign-up or renewal, event registration, or donation).
- You can use invoices as automatic payment receipts for online transactions. See the next section (Turning Automatic Invoices On/Off) for more details.
- Please Note: You can manually send invoices/payment receipts to contacts as well (in addition to or instead of sending them automatically). View the invoice and select the Print Invoice drop down in the lower right hand corner. Select Print Invoice to print out a hard copy of the invoice/transaction receipt. Select e-mail to email a copy of the invoice/transaction receipt to the contact (the system will send the invoice to the primary email on file for that contact).
- Please Note: You can also use the manually generated Financial Payment Receipt email notification as payment receipts (Main Menu: Financials: Notifications: Financial). This email notification is sent when you "receive payment and send receipt" anywhere inside the system.
Turning Automatic Invoices On/Off
- From the Left Hand Menu, click on Website Integrations.
- On the sub menu, click on Others under Configurations.
- From the options on the resulting screen, Manage Invoice Send Settings for Online Transactions, select if you wish to send invoices automatically to contacts for all online transactions, only for transactions where there is an amount due, or not send an invoice for online transactions at all. You can use invoices as a payment receipt by having them automatically send for all online transactions. (Please note: automatic invoices send for ALL online transactions - event registrations, donations, and memberships. There is no ability to turn them on for just one type of transaction, such as donations).
- Select Save to save your changes.
Configuring the Look/Layout of Invoices
- You can configure the look of the invoice that gets (either automatically or manually) sent to contacts.
- To configure invoice numbers, from the Left Hand Menu select Financials and click on Invoice Number under settings.
- You can choose what number your invoice numbers start at and also add a prefix or suffix to each invoice number (for example, if you want each invoice created in 2017 to include the number 2017, you might opt to append “2017-“ as a prefix or “-2017” as a suffix to each invoice number.
- The default is for invoice numbers to start at “1” and to have no prefix or suffix.
- Once you have finished configuring the invoice numbers, select Save.
- To configure the look of your invoices/payment receipts, from the Left hand Menu, click on Financials and select Invoice Layout under Settings.
- On the Style tab, choose an invoice layout. You can select from one of the pre-configured layouts or use the blank template to configure your own layout.
- The blank template is meant to be configurable as more of a letter; as such, it includes placeholders you can drop into the template, as well as full text editor that allows you to select font color and size, as well as the ability add images and hyperlinks. This is a good option if you wish to use automatic invoices as payment receipts for online donations, rather than your formal donation acknowledgement letter.
- If you choose the Blank Template, all of the other configuration tabs become grayed out and are not selectable. All configuration of the blank template is done on the Style Tab.
- For pre-configured templates, select the template.
- Next, select the Header Select which fields you wish to include in your template’s header and add custom text to the header area if desired. All changes will be reflected on the template preview in the right hand pane in real time.
- Next, select the Columns. Here, you can select which fields to include on your template and change any of the field labels.
- Next, select the Footer Add any custom text you wish to add to the invoice footer area.
- Finally, select the More Select the additional settings you wish to include and configure the sender name, sender email address, and email subject line that will be included when emailing invoices to contacts.
- When you have finished configuring your invoice layout, select Save.