NOTE: Due to a recent update to the reporting module, you may notice some differences between your system and the screenshots in this tutorial. We are working to update the screenshots, but in the meantime, the steps in the tutorial below are accurate/have not changed
Basic Reporting Part VII FAQ: How to Format Phone Numbers in a Report
By default, phone numbers appear as an unformatted string in reports.
Using the “Format Phone” function, users can have the phone numbers automatically formatted as (XXX) XXX-XXXX.
1. When creating or editing a report, add a phone number field to the report.
2. Click in the cell (so that it is highlighted/blue) then select the function editor (fx) on the tool bar to open the function/formula editor dialog box
3. In the Formula Editor, click the drop down next to the "other" category
4. Select the "Format Phone" function and drag it to the formula editor area at the bottom (drag it before the Phone Number field)
5. Delete the “,” and “)” and move them after the Phone Number field. Between the “,” and “)” add “’USA’) so that the formula appears as it does in the picture.
6. Click “OK” to save the formula. Now the field on the report should have the formula in the cell.
7. Save your report. Now, when you run the report, the phone number field will be formatted as (XXX) XXX-XXXX.