Basic Reporting Part V FAQ: How Do I Get Contact Types to Show Up On One Line?
- By default, if the user includes the Contact_Type field on a report, the report will display one contact type per row, so that a contact with multiple tags will appear on the report multiple times.
- Using the “GetContactType” function will display all Contact Types associated to a contact record in one cell of a report separated by commas.
- To use the Get Contact Type formula, add the Contact with Contact Types table to your report on the Tables tab.
- On the layout tab, click in the cell where you want the contact tags to appear to highlight it, and then click the first icon under Cell Contents tools and then click formula (fx) button on the tool bar.
- Click the Other category, then select the Get Contact Type function (double click to add it to the formula builder or click and drag it to the formula builder area).
- Add the Contact ID field to the Get Contact Type function, making sure the field name is inside the parentheses. Click OK.
- You will see that the formula/function has been added to the report in the cell you had selected in step 3.
- Now, when you run the report, the contact types will appear in one cell, separated by commas.
- If you only want each contact to appear once on the report, you may have to add a group header to the report and add the Get Contact Types field along with the contact name to the group header (see our tutorial on adding grouping).
- Bonus Tip: The Get Tags function works exactly the same way as the Get Contact Types function except for Tags.
Article is closed for comments.