FAQ: How to Group a Report by Household
- This tutorial will cover how to sort and/or group a report so that members of the same household are listed together.
- The easiest way to accomplish this is to use the Household ID field from the Household Summary table.
- On the categories tab, add the Household Summary table to your report.
- On the sorts tab, add the Household ID field as a sort.
- If you wish to also group by Household, on the layout add a Group Header or Group Footer on Household ID (see our tutorial on adding grouping).
- You can display the Household ID on the report (to make it easier to identify which contacts are in the same household) by adding it to the report layout.
- Conversely, you can also sort/group on Address Line 1 if members of your household share the same address (and you have address data in your records). Simply add the Contacts table to your report and add Address Line 1 to your sorts.