Basic Reporting Part V FAQ: How to Group a Report by Household
NOTE: Due to a recent update to the reporting module, you may notice some differences between your system and the screenshots in this tutorial. We are working to update the screenshots, but in the meantime, the steps in the tutorial below are accurate/have not changed.
- This tutorial will cover how to sort and/or group a report so that members of the same household are listed together.
- The easiest way to accomplish this is to use the Household ID field from the Household Summary table.
- On the categories tab, add the Household Summary table to your report.
- On the sorts tab, add the Household ID field as a sort.
- If you wish to also group by Household, on the layout add a Group Header or Group Footer on Household ID (see our tutorial on adding grouping).
- You can display the Household ID on the report (to make it easier to identify which contacts are in the same household) by adding it to the report layout.
- Conversely, you can also sort/group on Address Line 1 if members of your household share the same address (and you have address data in your records). Simply add the Contacts table to your report and add Address Line 1 to your sorts.