Reporting can be tricky that is why some users hesitate to use this feature.
On the other hand, the Advanced Search is very much easy to use especially with more complicated filters. However, there are times when the user needs more information other than what can be provided by the advanced search imported sheet.
Which is why we have added a report filter for Saved Searches. This will allow the user to pull up the saved advanced search into a report and then change the fields and layout as normal.
- To get started, create the advanced search with the criteria that you want to use in your report (for example, an advanced search that shows you everyone who joined this year or advanced search on female volunteers).
- Give the search a name and make sure to uncheck the box for 'Make Private'. Click “Save/Search” advanced search.
- Go to Reports.
- Create a new Express/Standard Report or you can also copy an existing Default Report.
- On the Categories tab, click "Volunteer" then add the table “Volunteer Saved Search” from the selection (add any additional tables that you like).
- On the Filters tab, add the field “Volunteer Saved Search. Search Name”.
- Change the criteria at the bottom of the screen to “equal to” and select the name of the saved search you want to use as a criteria.
- Layout your report as normal and then run it. The report will use the saved searches criteria as filters in your report.