Basic Reporting Part IIIa.i FAQ: How to Convert an Express View Report to an Advanced Report
- This tutorial will explain how to convert an Express View Report to an Advanced Report.
- There are several reporting features that are not available in Express Reports, such as the ability to adjust table joins, the ability to add grouping, the ability to add charts, and the ability to add images.
- If your report edit screen looks like the one below, you are in a Basic Report.
- You can convert a Basic Report to a Standard Report. THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE.
- You CANNOT convert a Standard Report to a Basic Report.
- To get started, while editing the report, click on the drop down arrow next to the export button and click on Advanced Report from the drop down options.
- When you click Advanced from the options, a Create an Advanced Report pop will that allows you to add name to your report and let's you select to save it on your custom report folder. After filling out the name and selecting the folder where the report will be saved, click on the Create Advanced Report button at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- WARNING: THIS WILL IMMEDIATELY CONVERT THE REPORT. There will be no warning, no confirmation to proceed, and no option to cancel. Once you click the button, the report will be converted.
- The report will be converted to a standard report, and you will have access to the full array of standard report options. The edit report interface will now look like this/the Standard report interface: