Linking Stripe in Test Mode
To test transactions with Stripe, follow these steps:
- For any testing, it is not recommended that you use real users. We recommend that you create a test user that can be easily deleted along with any test prior to making test transactions. The end of this Article will instruct you on how to delete the test user along with all test data.
- Log into your Stripe Dashboard
- Click API
- Reveal the Secret Test API Key
- Copy the Secret Test API Key
- In CRM Select the Main Menu
- Select Payment Gateway Settings
- Paste the Secret Test API Key into the API Key field in CRM.
- You may now use test credit card information provided here to make test transactions through Fundly that will link back to Stripe
Delete Test Data
After Testing it is important that you delete any test transactions entered as they will skew the number of real transactions entered through Fundly.
Here is how you can delete a test user and all test transactions entered in Fundly. For this, we have created the user Test Test as an example.
- In CRM click the magnifying glass in the quick nav bar
- Enter the name of the test contact in the individual search field (Example: Firstname Test, Lastname Test)
- Select Search
- Once you have received the search results, move your mouse to the bottom of the screen and select All Search Results
- In the menu select Delete Contact(s)
- Follow the instructions to delete the contact(s) and all of the test transactions