Linking Stripe in Test Mode
To test transactions with Stripe, follow these steps:
- For any testing, it is not recommended that you use real users. We recommend that you create a test user that can be easily deleted along with any test prior to making test transactions. The end of this Article will instruct you on how to delete the test user along with all test data.
- Log into your Stripe Account.
- Click Developers
- Go to API Keys.
- Reveal the Secret Test API Key.
- Copy the Secret Test API Key.
- In CRM, click on Financials. Click Payment Gateway Settings under the Settings header.
- Paste the Secret Test API Key into the API Key field in CRM.
- You may now use test credit card information provided here to make test transactions through NonProfitEasy that will link back to Stripe
Delete Test Data
After Testing it is important that you delete any test transactions entered as they will skew the number of real transactions entered through NonProfitEasy.
Here is how you can delete a test user and all test transactions entered in NonProfitEasy. For this we have created a test contact named test test.
- In CRM, click on Financials from the left hand menu and click Invoices.
- Type in the name of the contact (In this example: test test) and hit enter.
- Click the drop down on the the right and select View All.
- Look for the invoice of the test transaction you created and click View.
- The resulting screen is the invoice details. Delete the payment by clicking the trash can on the payment details section.
- After deleting the payment, delete the invoice by clicking Delete button on the lower right. NOTE: You cannot delete a contact that has invoices/financial transactions.
- After deleting the Invoice, click the contact name on the top left. This will direct you to the contact record.
- In the contact view, click the Quick Action Menu and click on Delete Contact.
- There will be a pop up that will ask you to confirm to delete the contact. Click OK.