This FAQ covers how to use a saved search in a report as a filter. This will allow you to set up your reports filters/criteria using the advanced search interface/capabilities and then use that criteria in an enhanced report.
- To get started, create the advanced search with the criteria that you want to use in your report (for example, an advanced search that shows you everyone who joined this year or advanced search on female volunteers).
- Give the search a name and click “Save/Search” advanced search.
- Go to Enhanced Reports
- Create a new Express or Standard Report
- On the Categories tab, click "Volunteer" then add the table “Volunteer Saved Search” from the selection (add any additional tables that you like)
- On the Filters tab, add the field “Volunteer Saved Search. Search Name”
- Change the criteria at the bottom of the screen to “equal to” and select the name of the saved search you want to use as a criteria
- Layout your report as normal and then run it. The report will use the saved searches criteria as filters in your report