Payment Gateway Processor: LumaPay
- LumaPay is a payment processor powered by Stripe. By connecting a LumaPay/Stripe account to NonProfitEasy, you will be able to process payments via credit card for CRM-based transactions. LumaPay/Stripe is the only payment processor that can be used with our CRM.
- If you have an existing Stripe Account, you can use your existing Stripe account - and its credentials - when setting up your CRM's payment gateway. If you do not already have a Stripe account, you will be prompted to create one when you set up the payment gateway inside our CRM.
- To configure your payment gateway, go to Main Menu > Financials > Settings > Payment Gateway Settings.
- This will take you to the Payment Gateway settings page. If you have already integrated a LumaPay/Stripe account with your CRM account, the page will reflect this. Please Note: there is no way for you to change or disconnect your payment gateway processor from inside NPE once it is connected to your CRM account. If you need to change the LumaPay/Stripe account connected to your CRM account, you will need to contact NPE support (email@example.com) to have us disconnect your current payment processor from the back end, and then you will need to complete the set up steps again.
- If you have not yet completed the payment gateway configuration, click Connect With LumaPay to get started.
- If you are creating a new LumaPay account, continue with the steps below. To connect an existing Stripe account, click here.
New LumaPay Account
- After clicking Connect with LumaPay, you will be prompted to enter an email. To create a new account, enter an email address not already associated with a Stripe account and click Continue.
- Enter a password for your new LumaPay account and click Continue.
- On the next step, you'll be asked to secure your account with a mobile number. Enter a phone number that can receive SMS text messages and then provide the code you receive via text.
- You'll be given an emergency backup code. Make sure to write down the code and store it somewhere safe.
- If you are creating a new account, you will be ask to more details about your business/organization. Fill out the required information and click Continue on each page.
- To be able to accept live credit card transactions, make sure to enter a routing and account number. If you select Use test account at this stage, you will not be able to process actual transactions in the CRM until the Stripe account is made live.
- After entering customer support details and verifying your information, you will be redirected to the CRM payment gateway setting screen. Once you see this screen, you are fully set up. As long as your account is in Live mode (as opposed to Test), you will be ready to accept credit card payments directly through the CRM or through one of our website integrations.
Connect Existing Stripe Account
- After clicking Connect with LumaPay, you'll be prompted to enter an email. To connect to an existing Stripe account, enter the email associated with your Stripe account and click Continue.
- Enter the password connected to your Stripe account and click Log in.
- A text message will be sent to the mobile account connected to your user. Enter the 6-digit verification code.
- You'll be prompted to either create a new business or use your existing business information. If you have not entered any business information in your current Stripe account or you are selecting "Create a new business," follow the instructions on screen, and refer to the steps above.
- Review your details and click Submit.
- You'll be redirected back to the payment gateway settings inside NPE, where you should see confirmation that your LumaPay account is successfully connected. As long as your account is in Live mode (as opposed to Test), you will be ready to accept credit card payments directly through the CRM or through one of our website integrations.
Viewing LumaPay Transactions
- If you connected to LumaPay with a pre-existing Stripe account, a new sub-account will be created for LumaPay. When you log in to Stripe, click on the top left corner to view the sub-account switcher. The LumaPay account will read "LumaPay for NonProfitEasy" below the account name.
- All live credit card transactions processed through NonProfitEasy will show up in the new LumaPay sub-account.
- If you use the same LumaPay account to connect to another NonProfitEasy account, a new sub-account will be created.