1. Download the POS app from the link provided by CRM support. For steps about activating POS, click here.
2. Open the POS app on your iPad and log in with your NonProfitEasy username and password. Wait for the app to load.
3. Select the default event from the Event Configurations pop-up. This sets a "pinned" event that will show up first from the event tab.
4. Select the preferred gift source from the Select Gift Source pop-up.
5. Select the payment processor from the Select Payment Gateway pop-up. For more information about configuring Square, click here. For more information about configuring Stripe, click here.
6. You are now on the POS homepage.
a. Tap this icon to open up the membership tab.
b. Tap this icon to open up the donation tab.
c. Tap this icon to open up the event tab.
d. Tap this icon to open up the e-store tab.
e. This icon indicates if the iPad is connected to WiFi. If an Internet connection is present, the icon is green. If the iPad is not connected to the Internet, the icon will appear gray.
f. Tap this icon to initiate sync with CRM.
g. Tap this icon for a dropdown menu with more POS settings.
h. Tap this icon to close the register, view transaction history, or log out.
i. Tap Choose Customer to select a contact from all CRM contacts or to add a new contact.
j. This icon indicates how many items have been added to the cart.
k. Tap this icon to empty the cart.
l. Tap this icon for cash checkout.
m. Tap this icon for check checkout.
n. Tap this icon for credit card checkout.
o. Tap this icon for Square gift card checkout (unavailable if using the Stripe payment gateway).
p. Tap this icon to save the cart to the contact record. When the contact is selected again, the items saved to the cart will show up again.
7. For additional configurations, tap the gear icon on the top right corner (g) and select POS Preference from the dropdown menu. POS Preference includes more general POS settings (more on this below). Sync settings determines how frequently the POS app syncs with the CRM (every three minutes is the default setting). Payment Settings opens up the payment gateway settings that appeared when first logging in.
8. Under Default Type, you can select which tab shows up first on the homepage (Memberships is the default). Gift Source and Event Configuration have already been selected in the initial configuration, but they can be changed here. If the Crucial Info toggle is selected, crucial information from the CRM contact will appear when the contact is selected from Choose Customer. If the Send Invoice toggle is selected, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser after the transaction is processed. If using an mPOP Square cash drawer, make sure the mPOP toggle is selected.
9. From the POS Preference pop-up, tap Print Receipt Settings to view and/or modify the receipt if using a printer.
10. Once all these settings are to your liking, you can start processing transactions using POS.
Article is closed for comments.