Configure: Search Categories (Event Tags)
- Search categories are the tags that are tied to your events that users can use to search for events on your website (if you integrate your Fundly CRM and your website via Pages or WordPress Plug-In). If you do not allow online registration for your events or do not wish to add search categories/tags to your events, this step is optional/non-required.
- Search Categories (and the associated tags) must be configured ahead of time and cannot be added “on the fly” when creating events.
- Search Categories has two components: the meta category and the individual tags associated with that category.
- To get started, from the Main Menu click Events to open the events sub-menu and then select Search Categories under Configurations.
- This will present a list of your existing/configured search categories. The bolded large text in white are categories; the list of items in the gray shaded area below each category are the tags associated with that category.
- You can edit any existing category by selected Edit from the drop down to the right of it. This will allow you to edit/change the category name and choose whether or not the category name is displayed on your public site. Please Note: editing a category opens the fields for editing up at the top of the screen.
- To Add a new Category, fill in the fields at the top of the screen and click Add.
- After making your changes, click Add. Click Cancel to close without saving.
- To delete any Tag, click on the drop-down beside edit and click delete. There will be a pop-up dialogue to confirm the deletion. Click yes to confirm otherwise, cancel.
Article is closed for comments.